• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Superfly hair is it possible?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I downloaded Ghostship's python script but it's not showing up. ? Is there an easier way? It looks like the transparencies aren't working or only half working.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Janet, look in the box I added awhile back for you, I put my SF hair settings there if you have those sets.
If not use any hair you want with those settings.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I downloaded Ghostship's python script but it's not showing up. ? Is there an easier way? It looks like the transparencies aren't working or only half working.
I wasn't aware that Ghostship had done a Hair Shader script. I know Bagginsbill had one, though I'm not sure I've actually played with it.

In any case, where did you install the script too, as that will make a difference if you can't find it from within Poser?

Hornet3d

Wise
I wasn't aware that Ghostship had done a Hair Shader script. I know Bagginsbill had one, though I'm not sure I've actually played with it.

In any case, where did you install the script too, as that will make a difference if you can't find it from within Poser?

I have used the Bagginsbill hair shader a fair bit and, like many of his shaders, it is complex but works well. There are a lot of places where you can adjust the colour and the spectacular and the like so it is useful to read do a little research. As to be expected it works very well in Superfly.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I like his shader as well but need more practice using it.most of what I learned on shaders was from his forum posts and some from snarlygribbly.

Hornet3d

Wise
I like his shader as well but need more practice using it.most of what I learned on shaders was from his forum posts and some from snarlygribbly.

My Dawn characters use Bagginsbill shaders for the skin, eyes and hair, with some very minor tweaks from me and most of them were just trial and error adjustments.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I tried EZSkin and it still looks like transparencies aren't working.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here's a thread about it: Ghostship's superfly hair shader The download is on Deviant Art. Here's a link to the download: GhostshipHair

I installed it to the main Poser folder where the executable is then again in the Scripts/Python folder.
First of all, that first link is to a thread in the old SM Poser forum, and the first post on that page is by Bagginsbill, who adds a link to his thread about hair in SuperFly.

The second link is to Stash, and the download is by AmethystPendant who, IIRC, redid Ghostship's original setup. So not his final script.

That said, the script doesn't belong in the main Poser/Runtime folder, it belongs in the Runtime > Python > poserScripts > ScriptsMenu folder if you want to be able to access it from within Poser's UI, as there's a dropdown menu for scripts. I usually add them into a folder with the creator's name, so ScriptsMenu > Ghostship > GhostshipsHair.py would be the easiest way to find it.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Do you know where I can get ghostship's script? BagginBill's sounds like it has long render times.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Isn't the link you posted the one you want? I don't think Ghostship did a final version of it, or it would be in his ShareCG catalog. I think I got the one at Stash, because I downloaded it with AmethystPendant's name. I never got around to installing it yet, so have no idea how it works.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I found ghostship on Share CG but didn't find a hair script there.

Hornet3d

Wise
Do you know where I can get ghostship's script? BagginBill's sounds like it has long render times.

I suppose it depends on the computer you are using and the shader that you are replacing but I did not find that the Bagginbill's script added that much to the render time. There may be some impact but from my experience I think the end result is worth it.