• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Squeak squeak!!!!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Awww, hating on the rats. I had a pet rat named Nickie, he was a love. Used to run my finger on the carpet and he would chase it with glee, he would squeak and then do little back flips when we were playing. You don't know rats until you own one and get to know their nature, they are very loving. Now alley rats ... well you can compare them to homeless folks, they become feral and in survival mode all the time so of course they look horrid and greasy and will do just about anything to get food, you would too if you were on the streets. Plus folks have to remember, man "kind" keeps taking away natural habitats for woodland creatures like that so they adopt as best they can. They have just as much right to be here as we do but all we do is continually ruin their habitats by over building, polluting and all the other horrible things that man "kind" does.

Well Squeaker's texture isn't very good. He looks OK in the piano scene 'cause I adjusted it a little.
There's also one called Furry Friends Mouse that is toon-ish which I think is the cutest.
Has expressions and some morphs so he's flexible. He looks bi-pedal.
Doesn't have another name but he's at DAZ. 10US , not so much.
Maybe I'll get that and make a cage/house for him. Sounds like fun.
Any requests for cage features?

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I think that may be an add-on to the DAZ House Mouse. Or something. The House Mouse is certainly bipedal and somewhat Toonish, although not to the extent of being an outright Toon. The House Mouse was a part of a set that included some furniture, like made of spools and matchboxes and the like.

Oh the Fury Friends Mouse is a stand-alone figure by Debra Ross (lately of Silverkey3D).
She also has a Meerkat, among other things. I like the Meerkat too. He's even more cute than the mouse.
Hmmm. What to do. Meerkat will never be put in a cage so there's nothing much to do for him.
If I make furniture for Debra's mouse I will try to make it fit his personality, which is a bit goofey.
That makes it more challenging. And thinking of things he can do that work with his expressions etc.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Ah. I stand corrected. The two are very similar, although the Furry Friends mouse is a bit more detailed.

So I got Debra's mouse thinking that it would be good to have a nice model for a reference to build for.
It's quite old and like many older figures it's man sized.
Well that won't do to establish a relationship like the one requested by AlphinaNovaStar.
A man sized mouse would be terrifying! So I scaled him to 10% and he's much more loveable.
I decided to name my diminutive character Dinky. He looks a lot better than Squeaker even with his simple texture.
Dinky and Squeaker.jpg

I've decided not to be a monster. All is forgiven. There's plenty of chocolates anyway.
So I made a house for Dinky. Now that means furniture will be needed too.
Dinky Domicile Promo1.jpg

It's Dinky Domicile and available here.

Dinky wakes up and he must be dreaming...

Where did all these plants come from?
Dinky Wakes Up Dreaming 2.jpg

Where did this FUR come from?
Dinky Got Furry.jpg

I tried to tell him he was abducted in his sleep and take to the Hair Room.
But he doesn't understand what that has to do with Plants and Fur.
Ha ha! That's what you get for stealing chocolate little buddy.

Dinkette talked Dinky into attending Martillo's inspirational seminar 'Laugh At My Fur'
Now they're a happy couple again.

Dinkys Happy Fir.jpg

I've hardly ever played in the Hair Room before but I wanted to 'modernize' this 'Furry Friend' who wasn't at all furry.
It's nice that the character's texture gets mapped to the hairs by the polygon the hair is attached to.
Had to rework the texture a bit by blurring out the hair detail to make it look better.
Still needs more TLC. Used 500,000 hairs. Probably look better more dense.