• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
ROFL!!! and OMG, that's an EGG in the skeleton!? YIKES!!! Australia sure is an original world, isn't it!??!

I have to agree that Australia is an original country however we kiwis don't live there ;) The kiwi bird is unique to New Zealand and is our national bird. It's so iconic it's name has become the nickname of all New Zealanders here and overseas.

Lorraine

'the need for a Kiwi Model (which will probably inspire the need for a kiwi burrowmodel) ;)'

Haha! That would be seriously cool, Ken!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ohhh sorry!!! NZ is Kiwi's... well IT'S a very unusual country too... it was probably part of the Aussie continent at one time? NZ is the MOST gorgeous place, from what I've seen in movies! (oh gosh, not that Australia isn't... it's just more dry.... ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If it was it would have been back a long time ago Lyne. Australia has a mix...if you're in the Northern Territory and parts of WA and SA it's dry. But up north they have rainforests and get a lot of rain. Down where I am is less extreme but it gets very dry during Summer and Tassie is even more cool than we are. It's a big country.
Tasmania Northern Territory Cairns which is up north and is more tropical and Melbourne

One thing most places near the ocean have in common is beautiful beaches though...we're very lucky in that.

Lorraine

Yep, glorious beaches that go for miles and miles and miles. Ours except for 90 Mile Beach (which is only about 60 miles) are a lot shorter but as the widest part of NZ is only 450ks/280mls you are never too far from one.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I always thought a Kiwi was a Kiwi, it shouldn't surprise me that there are subspecies, its just not something I've thought about before :) and Ken those little wings are to die for :)

Lorraine

There are subspecies of the human Kiwi too. There is the Hoon Kiwi, most known for driving big noisy cars and doing burnouts and for letting off fireworks during a fire ban. A related species, the Hoon Aussie, does the same thing over the ditch. This species is in no danger, in fact its numbers are rapidly increasing.

Last edited:

Lorraine

Then there is the Lady Kiwi, a gently bred, tea drinking, dainty cake eating species who blanches at a bad word. This species is the most endangered of the human Kiwi, as her country is rapidly becoming a coffee drinking, brownie and muffin eating, strong worded environment.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
And just what's wrong with muffins and brownies???? I eat them all the time. ;)

Then again, I'm not a Kiwi of the human kind (or the bird kind either for that matter).

Lorraine

Nowt wrong with brownies and muffins, I love them. But you can't call them dainty ;) And the Lady Kiwi likes her dainty cakes and tea on fine English bone china, and her cup must have a saucer. She sees the rest of us mug drinking lot as very unrefined.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
There are subspecies of the human Kiwi too. There is the Hoon Kiwi, most known for driving big noisy cars and doing burnouts and for letting off fireworks during a fire ban. A related species, the Hoon Aussie, does the same thing over the ditch. This species is in no danger, in fact its numbers are rapidly increasing.

Then there is the Lady Kiwi, a gently bred, tea drinking, dainty cake eating species who blanches at a bad word. This species is the most endangered of the human Kiwi, as her country is rapidly becoming a coffee drinking, brownie and muffin eating, strong worded environment.

:rofl: This is just soooooo true...we have the Lady Aussie also.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ROFL ROFL !!!! We have to get back to BIRDS in this thread, but you all crack me up, especially Lorriane! :)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry, I haven't posted in a while... I've been busy rigging and starting the morph process on the kiwi. The images show a couple things... a few of the morphs working, the wings hidden and some of the posing flexibility.

Render 1.jpg
Render 2.jpg
Render 3.jpg
Render 4.jpg