• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a few more...

SBRM_Hummers3-Promo3.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The update to Hummingbirds v2 is out. It includes 10 additional hummingbirds (female counterparts).

For those patiently awaiting Renderosity to transfer their HW accounts... I know they're alphabetically up to at least up to starting "L" (Renderosity username) as of yesterday.

Here's more promo pages from the upcoming Hummingbirds v3...

Attachments

• SBRM_Hummers3-Promo4.jpg
    SBRM_Hummers3-Promo4.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 150
  • SBRM_Hummers3-Promo2.jpg
    SBRM_Hummers3-Promo2.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 153

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
They're definitely up to "J". I got something like 300 emails about receiving a gift on Rendo yesterday.
Yes, I saw yours go through yesterday, followed closely by my own personal avalanche from my HW acct ... that was one ton of emails-- one saying I received a "gift", the second being saying one of my products had been "gifted". I'm surprised they "gifted" me my own products.

I don't believe they are up to "O" though... they appear to be going by Renderosity usernames... hence yours "JOdel" then mine "Ken_Gilliland"... I saw a couple "L"s go through yesterday

I have not gotten a single notice yet. I'm concerned now. I thought they weren't doing it alphabetically. But if they are, I'm definitely not in the loop.
:(

Dana
I have seen some gifts not come in alphabetically... so be patient. Its quite possible they assembled the initial list alphabetically, but later added more to it unalphabetized. Progress isn't necessarily steady either; some days are quiet (a couple dozen to none) and then days like yesterday where I got over a thousand emails. It does appear to happen Monday through Friday-- no weekend work.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
I am in the same boat as DanaTA, User name starting with D and not a thing yet, have seen plenty go the other way so that is cool

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I didn't assume they were. I just said "if" they're doing it alphabetically, "M" is after "L" so COULD be some time next week.

Considering how many items they have to process, I can't imagine them doing them in any particular order, it just seems as though they might be. I'm still waiting patiently. Hmmm . . . hundreds of emails . . . Hmmm. That's going to be interesting to say the least.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
@Ken Gilliland I hope you dont mind my asking but I saw an unusual bird today and you were the only one I could thing of that migt be able to tell me what it was after a failed google search.
It was a black duck with white on the front of the neck, same shape and size as your normal duck that you see on every park pond.
Sorry I didn't get a picture for you, there were three or four together with a handful of the normal coloured ducks

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
@Ken Gilliland I hope you dont mind my asking but I saw an unusual bird today and you were the only one I could thing of that migt be able to tell me what it was after a failed google search.
It was a black duck with white on the front of the neck, same shape and size as your normal duck that you see on every park pond.
Sorry I didn't get a picture for you, there were three or four together with a handful of the normal coloured ducks
Was it perhaps the East Indie Duck (3rd picture down the page)?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Sorry for my delay, I spent the last week cooking... I do a big 2-day Bon Appetit Thanksgiving for family (day of) and friends (day after)... then spent a few days recovering and cleaning up the house.

There are a couple important details I need in order to help on the ID... I'm guessing its a fresh water location because you mentioned "park pond", but some parks are near the ocean, so knowing that the pond was definitely "inland" is helpful. The next thing is a general location... where did to see it? (e.g. Western USA, Europe, Australia?) I'm guessing Europe because "coloured" has the "U" in it.

Apart from the "Black Ducks" link posted above... If its relatively close to the ocean, a female/juvenile Scoter sort of matches that description and is much more "common" than the "East Indie" or "Pomeranian"

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Sorry for my delay, I spent the last week cooking... I do a big 2-day Bon Appetit Thanksgiving for family (day of) and friends (day after)... then spent a few days recovering and cleaning up the house.

There are a couple important details I need in order to help on the ID... I'm guessing its a fresh water location because you mentioned "park pond", but some parks are near the ocean, so knowing that the pond was definitely "inland" is helpful. The next thing is a general location... where did to see it? (e.g. Western USA, Europe, Australia?) I'm guessing Europe because "coloured" has the "U" in it.

Apart from the "Black Ducks" link posted above... If its relatively close to the ocean, a female/juvenile Scoter sort of matches that description and is much more "common" than the "East Indie" or "Pomeranian"
Hi Ken, no worries. I am not getting email notifications from here so having to remember to check from time to time.

So location. I am in Auckland New Zealand, coastal city but our suburb has a lot of fresh water creaks, streams, at lest one river and any number of ponds and baby lakes lol and is about a 10 min drive from the nearest salt water.

I was back where I saw them today and hoped to get a pic for you but the only duck in sight was one common one, the painters working on the house might have had something to do with that, I'll keep an eye out though as its on my sons weekly paper run so bound to see them again at some point.
Oh one of the creaks I mentioned is just behind the houses on the road too if that is any help

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
While none of these appear to exactly match your description, here's a list of New Zealand's Ducks.

With birding, I always go to the most logical and obvious choices first before thinking I have spotted a rarity or vagrant. Look at a field guide and see if the bird you think it might be, is within the range the field guide says. Check behavior; does it match (e.g. sea duck and fresh ducks generally don't mix). Looking at the two most "black" ducks in that New Zealand list, I say those would be the male scaup and shelduck. Ducks, just like humans, are not all exactly alike... If there was only one-- it could be a variant-- I don't know how much white as on the neck but it's possible it could be ones of those with some of its outer neck feathers out of place exposing the white down feathers underneath or some leucistic traits.

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
While none of these appear to exactly match your description, here's a list of New Zealand's Ducks.

With birding, I always go to the most logical and obvious choices first before thinking I have spotted a rarity or vagrant. Look at a field guide and see if the bird you think it might be, is within the range the field guide says. Check behavior; does it match (e.g. sea duck and fresh ducks generally don't mix). Looking at the two most "black" ducks in that New Zealand list, I say those would be the male scaup and shelduck. Ducks, just like humans, are not all exactly alike... If there was only one-- it could be a variant-- I don't know how much white as on the neck but it's possible it could be ones of those with some of its outer neck feathers out of place exposing the white down feathers underneath or some leucistic traits.
Shape and size they were the same as the Mallard ducks but black with a maybe 2 inch patch of white on the front of the neck just up a bit from where it joins the brest. I think there were three maybe four of them.
Nothing I found on black ducks in NZ looked even close, why I thought I might ask you :) Not a big deal just curiosity really. Any way if I can I'll get a picture at some point

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I went through my Reed field Guide to New Zealand Birds and nothing looked close to your description. It's possible you could have visitors from Australia or Indonesia. We've had a couple birds blown of course here (southern California) from the Yucatan (Central America)-- Xantus's Hummingbird and the Purplish-backed Jay.

And speaking of hummingbirds, my third volume is moving through beta testing now and should be available soon. While I'm working through the update to Threatened, Endangered, Extinct 3 and the first of the seabird models. TEE3 should be re-released by the end of the month.

Here's the Horned Sun-gem in Iray

Attachments

• Horned Sun-gem.jpg
    Horned Sun-gem.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 116