• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Since I wrote this in the Renderosity forums I guess I should write it here too... someone asked me what sets had/had not been updated and I replied:

One of the best ways to tell what's been updated now is to look at my SongbirdReMix.com page. Recently, I flipped around the huge list on that page to "what's left" (not updated yet). If you're looking if specific sets have been updated there's two ways... my webpage store can tell you or you can look through my store at Renderosity (every description of a product says on of two things; "This product was completely updated in late September 2021 to include..." or "NOTE: This product is still in the "old" Songbird ReMix format. It will be upgraded to..."

As for spreadsheets, the online tool found in the new sets in the "Bird Library" folder called "! Bird Finder" links to an Excel (xls) file kept on my website. This file has every bird subspecies (including subspecies and variants) created in Songbird ReMix format (both updated and non-updated).

The spreadsheet tells you exactly where to find the birds in the new library system so you don't have to be an ornithologist or advanced birder. The reason I have chosen to keep this file in xls format for users is to help them with my bird library system. It shows you exactly what folder to find the birds in and because it's in xls format you can sort it to your own needs. For example, recently I had someone comment they liked the old library format because they wanted only birds from a specific region (e.g. S America). Using "Bird Finder", you can sort by the "Continent/Region" column and get ALL the birds I've done that are found in S America (not just from "Amazon", but from the "Yucatan", "Cool and Unusual", "Toucans" and "Parrots" sets, etc as well). Want only endangered birds? No problem, you can sort by the "R-E-D" column and then sub-sort by "Continent/Region".

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I actually saw your post at Renderosity, and went and downloaded the spreadsheet. Very interesting information, that's for sure.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm working my way through the updates to Hummingbirds v1 and v2. Volume 1 will be out in early November and Volume 2, I'm guessing mid-to-late in the month. Here are some renders from Hummingbirds v1...

Attachments

• SBRM_Hummer_Main.jpg
    SBRM_Hummer_Main.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 133
  • SBRM_Hummer_Main2.jpg
    SBRM_Hummer_Main2.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 145
  • SBRM_Hummer_Main3.jpg
    SBRM_Hummer_Main3.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 144

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I'm about 3/4 the way through Hummingbirds v2... Both Hummingbird sets have proved to be a challenge since I really didn't include any too many female counterparts in the original versions. Since every female hummingbird is dimorphic (looks different than the male), they all get included in my updates, so its almost double the work.

Attachments

• SBRM_Hummer2_Promo1.jpg
    SBRM_Hummer2_Promo1.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 132
  • SBRM_Hummer2_Promo5.jpg
    SBRM_Hummer2_Promo5.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 150

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's the Marvelous Spatuletail. The male has two paddle-like tail feathers that they position as part of their mating dance. Both Hummingbird volumes are now updated and in beta. They'll appear in early November (along with small updates to CU v2, Amazon and 2nd Edition since I tinkered with the hummingbird model some more.)

Next on my list is updating Threatened, Endangered, Extinct v3 and then doing a couple new sets. Towards the end of December, I'll finally start the final stretch of updates-- my seafaring birds and the few remaining sets.

SBRM_Hummer2_Main.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmmm... Apparently their Related Products algorithm has a few 'features'. It is related to itself.
That's probably my fault.... I thought I clicked vol 2, but see vol1 in the related items. I'm not supposed to be able to do that but I think when re-releasing vol 1 they slightly renamed it, hence opening that door.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I rather think thy are so colorful so they can find each other in the greenery.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks, I'll guess its safe to give out my prospective candidate list. It's a very colorful bunch and there will be m/f versions of each hummingbird:
  • Red-tailed Comet​
  • Purple-throated Mountain-gem​
  • Horned Sun-gem​
  • Garnet-throated Hummingbird​
  • Sparkling-tailed Hummingbird​
  • Chilean Woodstar​
  • Slender Sheartail​
  • Lucifer Hummingbird​
  • Xantus's Hummingbird​
  • Green-crowned Plovercrest​
  • Santa Marta Blossomcrown​
  • Snowcap​