• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's some of the work in process on Amazon... again notable improvements

Amazon comparsion1.png
Amazon comparsion2.png

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
My update is Cool and Unusual Birds v2 is out. I've put it, plus C&Uv1 and C&Uv3 on sale at 30% until September 30th.

I've also just put the updated "Amazon" into beta so I'm expecting that to be available at the end of the month. I'm moving now to the two Hummingbird volumes which will be October re-releases. After that, I'm going to do some new stuff before moving the last section of updates-- seafaring birds (which will also unlock the updates Australia v3, Hawaii, TEEv3 and Birds of Legend which contain seabird models).

1631751081442.png

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Was C&U 3 updated before or after the migration?
It was updated in between the migration (in early January 2021). 3 new birds were added.

In my upcoming "Amazon" update, its much like my "Yucatan" re-release, it now has almost double the amount of birds and huge changes... the price will be going slightly up on that set from $19.95 to $24.95.

AmazonCompare4.jpg

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Over the weekend, I changed the list on my homepage, songbirdremix.com, from the list of products I've updated for the past three years to the ones still left to update. In sense, it's sort of a milestone and I can start to see light at the end of the tunnel. In a probably too ambitious goal, I'm hoping to have all the Songbird ReMix sets updated by Audubon's birthday next year. That goal can easily get derailed, with some artistic burnout, or life getting in the way, but that's what I'm shooting for.

Last edited:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Over the weekend, I changed the list on my homepage, songbirdremix.com, from the list of products I've updated for the past three years to the ones still left to update. In sense, it's sort of a milestone and I can start to see light at the end of the tunnel. In a probably too ambitious goal, I'm hoping to have all the Songbird ReMix sets updated by Audubon's birthday next year. That goal can easily get derailed, with some artistic burnout, or life getting in the way, but that's what I'm shooting for.
Hope you make it! How many birds do you have?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hope you make it! How many birds do you have?
Well, I started out with well over a 1,100... (counting males, females, juveniles, variants, subspecies separately). I'm estimating I'm down to the last 20% now. Of course, even with updating the older volumes, I'm adding yet more more. My upcoming Amazon update is a perfect example... there's still the original 17 bird species in it, yet somehow I've added an additional 16 birds without raising the species count. How is that possible? I've added dimorphic females (ones that look different than their male counterparts), subspecies and geographical variants of those 17 species.

It's been important to me with the updates to add in those dimorphic females, so at the very least, with the 20% of the sets left, expect those to be added in when they are re-released.

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Much to my surprise, Renderosity jumped on my re-release of Amazon and its out (usually I submit it and expect to see it out 2-4 days later).

I have it with my usual 30% off introductory sale (now to Oct 8) along with some other South American related products.
My Cool and Unusual Birds v2 concludes its 30% sale (Sep 30) with its counterparts.
For easier access, I just put everything that's on sale into my "Showcase" tab. I'll be doing that from now on...

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Have you considered doing a ladybug?
yes. I have quite a list of things I'd like to do. I should be free to do more once I get through the SBRM updates. I feel I have a responsibility to get those done first. Of course, that does mean I won't slip in some new projects (just to keep my sanity). You'll probably see a new SBRM and Nature's Wonders set appear towards the start of November along with the 2 hummingbird re-releases.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
yes. I have quite a list of things I'd like to do. I should be free to do more once I get through the SBRM updates. I feel I have a responsibility to get those done first. Of course, that does mean I won't slip in some new projects (just to keep my sanity). You'll probably see a new SBRM and Nature's Wonders set appear towards the start of November along with the 2 hummingbird re-releases.
Sweet! Yah I can't even imagine all the work updating everything was.