• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I am sorry to hear that the "Pigeons & Doves set has encountered some issues". Great looking birds in it so far!

This Military Macaw is great!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
The issues are really with DAZ Studio side, but I'll work them out... originally I had planned to release "Pigeons & Doves" with the Gamebirds v1 update in late March but since late March is about done and I have to rework most of the DS side, its seems better to make it part of my Audubon's Birthday extravaganza. Fair warning to all, if I get everything done that I hope to get done there will be the new Pigeons & Doves set, a Macaw set, a Cockatoo set, the updated Parrots set plus a Nature's Wonders set (or two) and of course, my entire catalog to boot.

Here's the "presumed extinct" Glaucous Macaw. This macaw is/was endemic to Northern Argentina, Southern Paraguay, the chaco and llano region of Bolivia near the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, northeast Uruguay, and Brazil. It was found in lightly wooded grassland, marshes and river borders with good stands of palms and in particular yatay or chatay (Butia yatay).

It became rare during the 19th century due to trapping and loss of habitat, and only two possible reports of wild birds were received in the 20th century. Expeditions by ornithologists to southwestern Paraguay during the 1990s failed to turn up any evidence of the species. Furthermore, only the oldest residents of the region had knowledge of the macaw, with the species last recorded in the 1870s. The bird's disappearance probably is linked to trapping of live adults for the wild bird trade and the wholesale felling of the yatay palm, Butia yatay, the nuts of which appear to have constituted its main food. Although suitable habitat remains in El Palmar National Park, in the Argentine province of Entre Ríos, as well as southern Brazil, no rumors of the bird's continued existence in the past several decades have proven credible. A search conducted by Joe Cuddy and Tony Pittman in 1992 concluded that the birds were extinct in their former range. Rumors persisted that blue macaws were seen in Argentina and Bolivia with a dealer in Rosario, Argentina, offering live specimens. The late George Smith gave many talks rich in conservation information on macaws, including this species, which he stated was not extinct in the wild, but existed in remote areas of Bolivia where he had encountered trappers who could identify this species. Moreover, he stated that stands of pure palm existed “as far as the eye could see” when he flew over the area which is yet to be investigated.

A 2018 study citing bird extinction patterns, the heavy destruction of its habitat, and the lack of any confirmed sightings since the 1980s recommended uplisting the species to Critically Endangered - Possibly Extinct.

Render 11.jpg

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I have to agree. Its coloring is beautiful, and look at the length of its tail feather(s).

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a little something out of left field... I'm obviously working on Parrots now, and in that process, converting some parrots of older sets to make sure my new, improved model is working properly with them. For example I've converted all the macaws from sets like TEE2, TEE3, CU3, Yucatan and Amazon and everything from Pet Shop (Budgies, Parakeets & Lorikeets).

So here's that left field hit... I noticed I had the Button Quail from Pet Shop that uses the Gamebird model, which I redid earlier this year. I thought, well... while I'm at it, why don't I converted that one over too?

I've included its humble beginnings in 2006 to its 2010 texture makeover to now. Once, I get the base Songbird ReMix model revised (probably early summer)... Pet Shop (because almost everything has been redone now), will be one of the first re-releases. I've held off on the main SBRM model because I wanted to get most the other lesser used models out of the way first; hence learning from the issues I've had with them before I take on the most widely used model.

ButtonQuail.jpg

...and here's the Red-fronted Macaw

Red-fronted Macaw.jpg

Harimau

Eager
The issues are really with DAZ Studio side, but I'll work them out... originally I had planned to release "Pigeons & Doves" with the Gamebirds v1 update in late March but since late March is about done and I have to rework most of the DS side, its seems better to make it part of my Audubon's Birthday extravaganza. Fair warning to all, if I get everything done that I hope to get done there will be the new Pigeons & Doves set, a Macaw set, a Cockatoo set, the updated Parrots set plus a Nature's Wonders set (or two) and of course, my entire catalog to boot.

Here's the "presumed extinct" Glaucous Macaw. This macaw is/was endemic to Northern Argentina, Southern Paraguay, the chaco and llano region of Bolivia near the city of Santa Cruz de la Sierra, northeast Uruguay, and Brazil. It was found in lightly wooded grassland, marshes and river borders with good stands of palms and in particular yatay or chatay (Butia yatay).

It became rare during the 19th century due to trapping and loss of habitat, and only two possible reports of wild birds were received in the 20th century. Expeditions by ornithologists to southwestern Paraguay during the 1990s failed to turn up any evidence of the species. Furthermore, only the oldest residents of the region had knowledge of the macaw, with the species last recorded in the 1870s. The bird's disappearance probably is linked to trapping of live adults for the wild bird trade and the wholesale felling of the yatay palm, Butia yatay, the nuts of which appear to have constituted its main food. Although suitable habitat remains in El Palmar National Park, in the Argentine province of Entre Ríos, as well as southern Brazil, no rumors of the bird's continued existence in the past several decades have proven credible. A search conducted by Joe Cuddy and Tony Pittman in 1992 concluded that the birds were extinct in their former range. Rumors persisted that blue macaws were seen in Argentina and Bolivia with a dealer in Rosario, Argentina, offering live specimens. The late George Smith gave many talks rich in conservation information on macaws, including this species, which he stated was not extinct in the wild, but existed in remote areas of Bolivia where he had encountered trappers who could identify this species. Moreover, he stated that stands of pure palm existed “as far as the eye could see” when he flew over the area which is yet to be investigated.

A 2018 study citing bird extinction patterns, the heavy destruction of its habitat, and the lack of any confirmed sightings since the 1980s recommended uplisting the species to Critically Endangered - Possibly Extinct.

View attachment 57887
I am glad that you are doing a Macaw and a Cockatoo set in addition to the updated parrot set. Will you be doing a set on the New Zealand parrots, the Strigopoidea comprising Nestor (the kea and the three kaka species) and Strigops (the kakapo) plus a couple of extinct genera including the biggest parrot that ever existed, Heracles. The Kakapo, in particular, is my favourite. In any case I am looking forwards to your Audubon's Birthday extravaganza.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I am glad that you are doing a Macaw and a Cockatoo set in addition to the updated parrot set. Will you be doing a set on the New Zealand parrots, the Strigopoidea comprising Nestor (the kea and the three kaka species) and Strigops (the kakapo) plus a couple of extinct genera including the biggest parrot that ever existed, Heracles. The Kakapo, in particular, is my favourite. In any case I am looking forwards to your Audubon's Birthday extravaganza.

Both the Kea and Kakapo are already in the SBRM library... you'll find the Kea in Threatened Endangered Extinct3 (last promo image), and the Kakapo in Threatened Endangered Extinct2 (second promo image). The "Threatened" series will probably undergo their free updates this summer. I've done some extinct birds, but for the most part, recently extinct. One cool note, is that Australia's Night Parrot (a close cousin to the Kakapo) from "Parrots of the World" is moved from "Presumed Extinct" to "Endangered" after a number of sighting since "Parrots" original release in 2008.

As far as progress on my new sets for Audubon's Birthday, "Pigeons & Doves" is finished, and "Parrots of the World" and "Macaws of the World" Poser sides are done... I'll be converting and finishing the DAZ Studio side this weekend and hopefully submitting those to HW towards the end of next week. I don't think I'll have time to get Cockatoos done by the sale, so I'm going on a back-up plan of getting the much easier "Lovebirds of the World" done or trying to finish up my Nature's Wonders secret project (though that's much more time consuming).

I can assure everyone that Cockatoos will appear by summer, and maybe, one or two other parrot sets (Amazons of the World and maybe an assorted parrot set --those kaka species might fit there). Early this summer, I will tackle the original SBRM base set which will unlock the the re-release of many of my most popular older sets.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
All three parrots sets are done and being tested... Here's a couple Chestnut-fronted Macaws flying over Stonemason's Willow Creek in Iray.

chestnut.jpg

The line-up for the start of Audubon's Birthday will be "Gamebirds v3: Pigeons and Doves" and the updated Gamebirds v1 (additional fixes on the DS side). The updated "Parrots of the World" (now called Parrots v1: Parrots of the World), "Parrots v2: Macaws of the World" and "Parrots v3: Lovebirds of the World" will be released (as they get approved by QAV) during the Audubon event.

After a short break to unwind from doing three sets simultaneously, I'll move to v4 which will be cockatoos and v5 which will be for the most part, my user wishlisted parrots. Early summer, I'll probably tackle the Pet Shop upgrade (which is already 80% done) and start on the base SBRM sets.

Last edited:

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Regarding these. These are all *new* sets, right? Even though some of the breeds are included in older sets. All of these new sets have new breeds added?

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Regarding these. These are all *new* sets, right? Even though some of the breeds are included in older sets. All of these new sets have new breeds added?

Parrots v1 is an old set that's been updated (all my updates are free to current owners). It does include one additional bird - the female version of the Long-tailed Parakeet.

Parrots v2 is all new birds. It includes the 13 species + 1 subspecies of Macaws that I haven't done yet. Birds include the Glaucous Macaw, Lear's Macaw, Blue-and-Yellow Macaw, Blue-throated Macaw, Great Green Macaw, Scarlet Macaw, Red-fronted Macaw, Chestnut-fronted Macaw, Red-bellied Macaw, Blue-headed Macaw, Blue-winged Macaw, Golden-collared Macaw and the two species of Red-shouldered Macaw (aka Hahn's macaw and the Noble Macaw).

The macaws that I've done in other sets that aren't included are: Cuban Red Macaw (TEE2), Military Macaw (Yucatan), Red-and-Green Macaw (Amazon), Spix's Macaw (TEE3) and the Hyacinth Macaw (C&U3).

Parrots v3 is mostly new birds. It includes all 9 species of Lovebird, plus every subspecies, dimorphic females and even some variants. Birds include the
Yellow-collared Lovebird (Unisex Adult plus 3 forms; Blue, Cobalt and Lutino), Black-collared Lovebird (Unisex Adult plus 2 subspecies), Rosy-faced Lovebird (Unisex Adult), Fischer’s Lovebird (Unisex Adult), Black-cheeked Lovebird(Unisex Adult), Grey-headed Lovebird (M/F Adults and 1 subspecies),
Black-winged Lovebird (M/F Adults) and the Red-headed Lovebird (M/F Adults plus 2 subspecies).

The birds included from other sets are Fischer's Lovebird (Africa), the Peach or Rosy-faced Lovebird (PetShop) and the Black-cheeked Lovebird (Parrots v1). It made sense to include these since there are only 9 species of Lovebirds to begin with.

Parrots v4 will contain the remaining Cockatoos I haven't done.There are 15 species that I haven't done. Glossy black cockatoo, Yellow-tailed black cockatoo, Carnaby's black cockatoo, Baudin's black cockatoo, Palm cockatoo, Gang-gang cockatoo, Major Mitchell's cockatoo, Yellow-crested cockatoo, Blue-eyed cockatoo, White cockatoo, Long-billed corella, Western corella, Goffin's cockatoo, Solomons cockatoo and the Red-vented cockatoo.

Cockatoos I have done in other sets that aren't included are: Cockatiel (PetShop, Australia v3), Lesser Citron Cockatoo (Second Edition), Red-tailed Black cockatoo (Parrots v1, Australia v3), Galah (Parrots v1, Australia v3), Sulphur-crested Cockatoo (Australia v3), Little corella (Australia v3) and the Salmon-crested cockatoo (TEE3).

Parrots v5 will contain for the most part wish-listed parrots from my users... so far on the list are: Majestic Red-rumped Parakeet, Pacific Parrotlet, Scarlet-chested parakeet, Green Cheeked Conure, Jadine's Parrot and the New Zealand Kaka. I'll probably add 8-9 more.

Eventually there will be more volumes... I want to tackle Amazons-- there are 33 species I haven't done yet.

Last edited: