• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Wow! I’m gonna go broke when I’m well and can get back on the computer!
@Ken Gilliland I have to tell you that I’ve truly become a lover of birds because of your talent! I’m so much more aware of birds of all species nowadays! :)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Here's a peek at the spotted dove which will be in Gamebirds 3....

SpottedDoves.jpg

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
'Wonderchicken' (Asteriornis maastrichtensis), a common ancestor of land and water fowl - the earliest known Modern Bird that co-existed with the dinosaurs...

I put this BBC article in my Songbird ReMix Facebook feed... some of the Guans in Gamebirds 2 that are pretty close to Asteriornis maastrichtensis.

---

In other news...
being a Californian, older with auto-immune disorders and still recovery from surgery, I'm finding myself locked down at home with a ton of time on my hands. I started yesterday rebuilding the parrot model for its update. Below is a picture of the rebuild; old model left, new model right. You'll see tons of layered feathers and the smooth transition from thighs to hips, which has been the hallmark of these updates. Next, I'm going to have to reconstruct most of the original morphs (since there are significant geometry changes) and add in new ones. I'm shooting for "Parrots of the World" being released as my offering for my annual Audubon's Birthday sale at the end of April, and hopefully having some new parrot sets as well (Macaws of the World, Cockatoos of the World and/or Parrots of the World Volume 2).

Capture.JPG

Last edited:

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just went through all the Macaws and Cockatoos found around the globe. I, then, moved the ones I've already made into a separate list, leaving all the new ones for two new volumes. So here's the list of what I plan to do...

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    282.3 KB · Views: 144

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
What a wonderful list of noisy birds! We've had our feral parrots yellocking all over the 'hood here in mid-Wilshire/East Hollywood. Rain notwithstanding, they're convinced it's Spring.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
What a wonderful list of noisy birds! We've had our feral parrots yellocking all over the 'hood here in mid-Wilshire/East Hollywood. Rain notwithstanding, they're convinced it's Spring.

Our flock of Red-fronted Amazons here (in Tujunga--northern edge of Los Angeles) are in full force. They're going after the Acacia flowers and seed pods.

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
First, the upcoming Gamebirds: Pigeons & Doves set has encountered some issues, so I've decided to hold that back and put it into the release line-up for my annual Audubon's Birthday event. While you won't see this update for a while, I decided to put some of my existing Macaws into the new updated parrot model base to see how they look... here's the Military Macaw from "Yucatan".

Military Macaw.jpg