• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Songbird Remix's Product Preview Thread

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Two peacocks showing their tail feathers are a lot more flexible than I'd thought.

upload_2019-5-21_22-5-42.png

upload_2019-5-21_22-13-4.png

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I might of exaggerated the bend a bit it the pose, but yes, they do bend quite a bit. You can make the bends much gentler... and there are 6 bend points on the folded tail. I'll be adding quite a few morphs to do various things like making the top end more fluffy, the ends fan out and feathers more unkept and ragged.

I also need to create the female (shown in my picture on page 56) which doesn't have the train

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, very nice indeed Ken. The bend/fold of the train is gentle, and realistic looking. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I noted that on a prior render Ken posted, and he responded that was what he was trying for.

After all, only the male peacock's have the train, so they're usually the one's "showing off" more than the females. ;)

Now that I think about it . . . that's kind of backwards, isn't it? :D

Miss B

CV-BEE
Not for birds. Not for most mammals, either. Humans are the ones who are backward.
OK, I could make a comment now, but I'm going to refrain, as I don't want this conversation going off the deep end.:rofl:

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
So in Native American lore a crow is supposed to mean messages from the dead. I had to ask when one showed up dead on my front lawn a decade ago. Now I'm wondering what little birds coming to your window means. Last couple of years every now and again a small bird would land on the pane of the French door at my eye level and stay there for a bit and go. But today it was out there off and on for about two hours. I have been putting out bird food for a few months but haven't in a couple weeks. So after he flew off I went and set out more. But then he came back for about a half hour! Bangs on the window with his beak a few times, looks around for a bit, flies off then comes back.

My son has my main camera. I'll see if I can get it back and take a picture of it.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
I'm really happy to see the Peacock is W.I.P. One of my favorite birds and I have missed him, since I've started to collect Songbird Remix. I only miss a small bird, but it is an absolute jewel among the birds. The kingfisher.

But I thing, we will him also in a future release.

Klaus Sauer

Admirable
Ken has kingfisher done!

I know a few Kingfisher birds from different packs:
The "Belted Kigfisher" from "SBRM Cool & Unusual 2"
The "Amazon Kingfisher" from "SBRM Amazon"
The "Azure Kingfisher" from "SBRM Australia Vol. 1"

But there are many more species, like the common kingfisher (on the picture in my last post) or the oriental dwarf kingfisher (beautiful pink and puple), which have not yet appeared as SBRM birds as far as I know.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm sure Ken will take note, as he always checks folks comments in this thread.

Oh, and welcome to the HiveWire forum Klaus. ;)

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I know a few Kingfisher birds from different packs:
The "Belted Kigfisher" from "SBRM Cool & Unusual 2"
The "Amazon Kingfisher" from "SBRM Amazon"
The "Azure Kingfisher" from "SBRM Australia Vol. 1"

But there are many more species, like the common kingfisher (on the picture in my last post) or the oriental dwarf kingfisher (beautiful pink and puple), which have not yet appeared as SBRM birds as far as I know.
Yes, those are the only kingfishers I have right now...

My current plan is to mix occasional new sets in with my updating. Like right now, I'm working on the peacock (as well as some of the updates)... bouncing back and forth between products to keep my interest/enthusiasm fresh and avoiding roadblocks.

Once I get the Passerine bases (the biggest bird families: Perching Birds/Songbirds) of the library reworked for the updates I will be expanding into new species as I continue updating. Where that takes me, I won't speculate too much but I won't be surprised to see another parrot volume after I rework Parrots of the World or more gamebirds after I redo Gamebirds. I could easily see a full Kingfisher volume as well as a Warbler one. Some of my freebies (after being reworked will probably still be freebies), but other will be incorporated into new sets to help me recoup some of the time spent on these free updates.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I saw a Belted Kingfisher across the street from my house a few years back. There's a pond across the street, with fish and frogs (at least two kinds) and turtles. he was on the lines, just looking. Then, suddenly, he darted toward the pond, got his lunch, and was gone. It was cool to see him, though.

Dana

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
We had a belted kingfisher patrolling the flood control channel behind our house for a few days. I can't figure out why, with the exception of thunderstorms, there's, at best, a tickle of water in it. Poor confused bird-- maybe he was hunting lizards which would be more likely there.