• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Solar eclipse next Monday across the USA!

robert952

Brilliant

Take care and use appropriate filters for your eyes when viewing it! A site to behold if you've never seen one. Interactive Map (from NASA) here. You can find out what % totality you will see from your viewing point. Even 60 - 80% totality is still pretty awesome. Assuming the weather is clear, I will see my second total eclipse. Well, close enough for me. My business travel puts me where I will see per the interactive map 99.99% totality - just off the edge but touching the totality path. I have seen a previous 100%

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I was reading about this in the NY Times this morning, though someone mentioned it to me about a week ago. It should definitely be interesting, though I don't know how much we'll see up here in NY, if it's heading from north west to south east across the continent.

Edited to Add: Well, I just checked the first link Lyne provided, and it looks like we're in the 70-72% range here in NY. This should be very interesting.

Last edited:

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I'm in the path of the totality (Nashville, TN) and will be going to an Eclipse viewing event at my local Library. And yes, I have certified eclipse glasses.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm in the 90%. There was a total eclipse where I lived a few years ago. Was great! I expected my dogs to go crazy but they didn't even notice.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've been reading about the eclipse since June. (Posted about it here on June 11 since I was so excited it was making landfall on the Oregon Coast.)

In Philadelphia, we will experience about 75%. This interactive map shows what it will look like based on an entered zip code. This one one shows what the sun will look like for you.

Oddly, the NASA Interactive Map has the eclipse happening after 5 pm here, but other info has it peaking about 2:44 pm here. Soo ... weird.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I had heard it would be around that time as well. Don't know where they're getting the 5:00pm time from.

McGyver

Energetic
It's not an eclipse!...
I'm going to steal the sun and not give it back unless the people of earth give me all their gold...

I dunno... It worked a thousand years ago... I figured I'd try it again.

eclark1894

Visionary
It's not an eclipse!...
I'm going to steal the sun and not give it back unless the people of earth give me all their gold...

I dunno... It worked a thousand years ago... I figured I'd try it again.

That was you? Dammit! I told my tribe it was just a trick and not to pay!

I'm going to stare directly at the eclipse. They tell you not to do that because they don't want you to behold the true Face of God!

McGyver

Energetic
My interpretation of the Eclipse...

I was in no way compensated for this image by Mitsubishi or any of their subsidiary companies, in any manner way or form...

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
This is very true. But the trick is that it only occurs with the total eclipse, at the moment that the moon completely covers the sun.

I'm going to stare directly at the eclipse. They tell you not to do that because they don't want you to behold the true Face of God!

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Actually our local news had something rather comical about the eclipse on Monday!! LOL in every state that the total eclipse is visible from there have been a slew of Bigfoot sightings that they predict will escalate until the time of the eclipse. So ........ For Prime viewing you need to be at a waffle house in Nashville,Tennessee around noon for prime eclipse viewing and Bigfoot sightings. :roflmao:

Heck you might even catch a Bigfoot or two rummaging through the dumpster behind the joint looking for that short stack of half eaten chocolate chip pancakes.

I'm curious to see if it affects our neighbors chickens.

Last edited:
I am sorry @NapalmArsenal you are incorrect, Nashville is not nearly redneck enough and much too urban for proper Bigfoot sightings. You need to come to east Tennessee for proper sightings.

P.S. If anyone is in the area of Knoxville and not in the totality range, we are having an Eclipse party on our little property outside of Lenoir City, TN. Just send me a PM for directions. The hubby is even handing out free samples of his home brewed beers which actually are good as he has been at it for more than 10 years and has it down now. A potluck lunch starts at 1:00PM and totality is at 2:30ish.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I am sorry @NapalmArsenal you are incorrect, Nashville is not nearly redneck enough and much too urban for proper Bigfoot sightings. You need to come to east Tennessee for proper sightings.

P.S. If anyone is in the area of Knoxville and not in the totality range, we are having an Eclipse party on our little property outside of Lenoir City, TN. Just send me a PM for directions. The hubby is even handing out free samples of his home brewed beers which actually are good as he has been at it for more than 10 years and has it down now. A potluck lunch starts at 1:00PM and totality is at 2:30ish.

LOL aye!! With a few home brewed varieties I'm sure the sightings could be rampant. Home brewing takes skill! I don't drink alcohol, but I have a few friends who have tried it with mixed results! LOL according to the tasters one tasted kind of like bitter dish water and the other was fairly decent! So. I'm sure your hubbies would probably be delightful!

I live in Texas, however, and coincidentally the Eclipse falls on my Mom's 78th birthday. I probably won't be up that way, but I would for sure bring some cake and candles.

My husband's first foray into brewing back when we were just out of college was called Black Hole Beer...the beer that sucks. His skills are definitely better now almost 30 years later lol.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
My son lives in Portland. Wonder if he'll be able to see it.

LOL, when I was a kid back home in Illinois and we had a solar eclipse, my mom would take a shoe box and make a little hole in each end and we watched through that. Guess back in the late 50's early 60's that was the 'thing' since there were no special glasses.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My son lives in Portland. Wonder if he'll be able to see it.

LOL, when I was a kid back home in Illinois and we had a solar eclipse, my mom would take a shoe box and make a little hole in each end and we watched through that. Guess back in the late 50's early 60's that was the 'thing' since there were no special glasses.
I have done something similar when I was a kid in school. We used an empty cereal box very much like your shoe box to view it. You can also use a pizza box cut the lid off and make about a 2 inch hole in the lid and line it up with the sun and let it pass through to the bottom of the box. There are directions on how to make many viewing devices on the internet.