• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

So just what IS "Following"?

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
and what/how do I use it? I'm "being followed"....and I chose to follow one friend...but I don't see anything happening? I'm from the dark ages... is this one of those new fangled things? ;)

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Some people call it 'stalking', but what do I know? I am fairly new to this whole social media thing too. I am being followed on Deviant Art, and I am assuming that means when I post an image, it lets my follower (yeah, only one so far) know I did it. I don't know about how it's used here, sorry.

D

Deleted member 325

Not sure about here either, but yes, on DA it lets followers know when you post images, edit images, change status, add Journals, etc... It used to even let followers know about forum postings, not sure if it still does.

I am still trying to figure it out here.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm not totally sure about here, as I have all notifications turned off, so not sure if it notifies you if someone you're following has posted an image or media, etc.

I do know, that if you follow members of the forum here, in addition to seeing them listed in the Members Online box, it will show their avatar above the text list. That way you can see immediately who you're following is online when you are, which is quicker than having to scan the text list, as that can be busy depending on the day, and/or time of day. Then you can scan the New Posts listing on the main forum page to see if they've posted anything new, or scan the New Resources to see if they've posted anything there, since last time you were here.

Needless to say, this is fairly new software compared to tried and true forum software packages most forums use, so there may be other ways the "following" of other members can be beneficial. I'm just not sure what they are.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I have a couple of people that I've got follow clicked on for and I think I see alerts sometimes for them. I get so many alerts thought that it's hard to remember.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know, the name of that game Pen. One of the many reasons I turn off email alerts on all my forums. I get enough email as it is, without those too.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks… Maybe @Alisa will chime in… :)
Now I'm going to go click follow on some other people… Grin!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't know what other benefits there are but like Miss B said it shows the Avatar of the person you are following in the who's online list.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
you know GG, Iced Coffee almost flying out your nose is not very pleasant :p

Now when I feel like I'm going around in circles, does that mean you're following me or I you? hehehe

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Good thing I wasn't drinking iced coffee. But then I've never liked iced coffee, despite the fact that my favorite ice cream is Coffee ice-cream.

As for going in circles :happyflip: as long as you don't get stuck like this :inverted: it's all okay.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Problem was GG, that I was drinking at the time :) (not a proper iced coffee, more like coffee flavoured milk) and if I was trying to do cartwheels I would land on my head :p hehe