• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

So 2020 has started.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Excellent news Hornet! Now you'll just have to cut up the old cards when you get the new ones. I'm glad this worked out well for you. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Excellent news Hornet! Now you'll just have to cut up the old cards when you get the new ones. I'm glad this worked out well for you. ;)

Thank you. It could have been a lot worse, as you say all I need to do is cut up the old cards. There were a couple of pluses as well, firstly I remember picking it up but not actually putting it into my pocket. When i discovered it missing I thought I may have put it down at home but as it was nowhere to be seen I guessed it had fallen out of my pocket but I was not 100% sure. During the day I found myself looking to see if had put it down in the home, now I can stop looking.

The other positive is that I keep all my credit cards details in a folder that is part of my password manager and I try to keep that up to date. When I rang credit card company I needed the card number and online passwords and the like, using this I was able to shut my cards down within 30 minutes. It sort of proves my plans for damage limitation works and that I had kept all the information up to date. Other than the fact that the credit card team did not warn me that a charge would appear as they transferred from the old card to the new it all worked quite well.

All in all I learnt a lot, had a little bit of stress but other than that suffered no loss, I shouldn't complain at that.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well other than trying to implement all the advice there is nothing much to do about the coronavirus so Life needs to move on to where ever it intends to go. My personal 2020 started badly and seems to have gone downhill. Hot on the heels of my PSU failure the fridge freezer decided to give up the ghost closely followed by the tumble dryer. We have had our money's worth out of both of them but it was an unexpected and, as we had spent so much on the house last year we were intending to build funds back up, oh well.

One thing lead to another and soon a project developed so the small and damp utility room which housed a washing machine/ tumble dryer stack and four basic shelves now looks like this.

Utility Room.jpg

The new dryer is a condensing unit with heat pump which was costly but that should cope with any dampness and it was also A++ rated. The other benefit was that I was able to pipe in for the waste water so there is no need to keep emptying. The cupboard units were not the cheapest but still relatively cheap considering the quality. The real pain was the room itself, it is so small to work in and being able to place the units without drilling into pipe or some mains wiring was a constant worry. That worked out but I did have a problem with plumbing as I moved the water feed to the front of the units so the water can be switched off by just removing a panel. No need to pull the washing machine out or crawl under the worktop.

Some might notice the distinct lack of Power outlets but the washer and dryer are cabled in under the units and for anything on the worktop there is a small three outlet tower that lifts up from the worktop and can be pushed back down when not in use.

For someone that is not really skilled and DIY and a quite pleased with how in turned out.

Hornet3d

Wise
Hornet, that looks very nice. Professional even
I agree with Rowan. It's looking good Hornet. :)

Thank you both for your comments they are appreciated. As I get older I find I have to pace myself and this is the first project where I set a target each day and when completed I then quit for the day. I think that gave me time to think about problems as they arose and it certainly made me more critical of my own work. It was hard due to the small size of the room but I think this was one of my best efforts in DIY.