• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your HiveWire Big Cat Renders Here!

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
Got tired of waiting, so I started working on my own LAMH preset for kitty. Liking it so far, but the fur definitely needs to be shorter; poor kitty looks like the Abominable Snowman right now...
woolly kitty 02.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I need to see whether my current computer and 4.9 can handle LAMH without futzing the whole program. I was able to use the presets just fine in the first version of the plugin, but once I upgraded Studio beyond, I think, 4.5 I've been getting a whole lot of nothing. If it doesn't crash or hang the program, it only gives me the guide hairs, which is just lame.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
sanbie... awesome!!

luannemarie... awesome!!

Love seeing the Big Cat and cubs out of context.

Some folks say something like "Big Cat looks good, so went ahead and picked it up, not sure how I'll use it though".

Still others just find creative ways to work it in.

Well done.

VortigensBane

Busy Bee
@JOdel I have found the program to be a little temperamental; hitting certain keys accidentally at the same time (which apparently tell the program two opposite things), tends to crash it, but saving every few minutes as a "preset" seems to really help.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Sweet, Sanbie & Luannemarie! VortigensBane - LAMH looking good!!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Great renders folks, and I agree with you Chris. I'm loving the "out of context" renders being posted. :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

I felt like doing something with more contrast (rather than more dry Serengeti environs)
So I got the idea of the leopards that roam India... of course my birds are African Lovebirds,
and my moths are south American "Painted Beauties" (both by Ken @ HiveWire)... but oh well,
all the colors went, and I already had this 'background' made up! So forgive me my faux pas! :)

Jan

Adventurous
Terrific renders ALL.
One thing strikes my fancy in just about all the renders of the big cat and cubs I have seen, is how the various artists have managed to capture the facial expressions and the way a head is posed to express the interaction with the other characters, be they human or something else. Goes to show how much blood, sweat and tears went into the making of these animals that are starting to appear now. :thankyou: