• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Show Us Your Dusk Renders, And Now The New Dusk SE!!

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Thanks...the facial expression was sinister but I also dialed in a few other bits and pieces.

The texture was one I did when I was looking for things that I could give Diva to wear but I think the static drape just improves the look of the shirt so much. Before the drape it was too tight. There is still a bit of tightness around the neck on the chest that I think could be improved once I know more about the settings in VWD.

Hey, Pen, is VWD worth getting? I've had a look at it but it hasn't made it into my wishlist yet.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm still playing with it...so it's a bit soon to say. I really like the static simulations but I need to learn more and see how I go before I say more. At the moment I think a lot of the problems I have might be caused by user error. I started a thread in the DS forum for anyone who wants to see how I go and also to document any resources and tutorials I find for it.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
FOR THOSE ABOUT TO ROCK. Yay! My very first render with Dusk, getting ready to boogie down with Dawn in support. Two days of seemingly endless cloth simulations and twiddling the lighting. :speechless:

For Those About To Rock #1.jpg

Dawn and Dusk, Dawn and Dusk Combat Boots by Chris Creek & the team. The Dome Prop Set by Lully. Evan for Dusk and Bamby for Dawn by Tempesta3D all at Hivewire3D.

Adonis and Gravity Hair by StudioArtVartanian. Clothing: Classic Goth and Circle Skirt by Frequency. SisiDance Bustier by Tipol. Marshall Amp Stack by Jacobus (Freebie), Flying Vee Guitar by Studio Marconi (Freebie), Microphones by Draconian and Only One (Freebies).

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Lol! Right? Wow, big girl!

I'm 6', so I'm used to be taller than most of the people I'm around in day to day life. Last church we went to, the bishop was 7'2" (yes, he used to be a college basketball player), and his wife was 6'4", and yes, the kids were huge, too. So, it was very strange to look up that much!

Me195

Extraordinary
Lol! Right? Wow, big girl!

I'm 6', so I'm used to be taller than most of the people I'm around in day to day life. Last church we went to, the bishop was 7'2" (yes, he used to be a college basketball player), and his wife was 6'4", and yes, the kids were huge, too. So, it was very strange to look up that much!

I'm a little over 6'1", so I'm also used to being taller than most people around me in my day to day life. A friend of mine wanted to set me up with his daughter who was visiting for a while from Japan. She was my age and didn't speak english. I said no, but if someone says please enough I usually cave in. He was 5'2" and his wife was 5'. To my surprise his daughter was over 7'. Despite her father's aspirations marrying her off I was determined to be just her friend and guide. Our getting to know each other "date" was a real test of our communication skills since I don't speak Japanese. We could only pick up a word or two from each other's sentences. The day was filled with awkwardness and misunderstandings. About half way through the day I made a joke along the lines of "at least we can skip small talk, who am I kidding everything I say to you is small talk". It took her a few seconds, but she pieced together what I said, and the pun made her laugh out loud. I'm guessing that's considered rude where she's from because she cut herself off. I explained to her in the most broken sentence ever spoken in japanese that it was OK for her to laugh and that I enjoy making people laugh. Lucky for me she was pretty smart and she understood. It was an embarrassing but fun day, and my neck was sore from looking up the whole time. She was the inspiration for this render.