• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should i buy M8 or a New Coffee Grinder

Should I buy M8 and all his extras...(just like I did for M7, M6, M5, M4)?

• Total voters

Jay Versluis

Admirable
I just looked at the model. The plastic grey and the brushed aluminium look exactly the same in the pictures. That's $70 savings right there!

Michael 8 shall smile upon you while you're enjoying BOTH your freshly ground coffee AND your new digital man as your first customer, Mrs. Barista!

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
I vote no to pro bundle- I'd get M 7 and Face gen- an infinite array of morphs are now yours.
If you want M8-I'd get the base and lots of morphs. Many have noted that his clothes look a bit rushed and since he can wear e M7's clothes, no need for the pro bundle.

200$ for a coffee grinder-- can't imagine why???

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
02-mayuka-for-genesis-3-female-daz3d.jpg

crop-for-face-gen-asina-angel-hive.jpg

Top image is the only Asian face for Gen 8 F At the moment, second is Facegen character. I hope it shows how much freedom you get with that program to pick your own style of features. I wanted and old fashioned Chinese face - not a single character in Daz store has that look ( and I did have a Chinese friend look through them- he agreed )

I would so love to see this program for Hivewire figures! I'ts not perfect- I do an average of a couple of hours of dial spinning and tweeking- but it is soooo much fun to have shaped the character pretty much exactly as you want it.

Again, not insulting that PA- lots of people love that look.

Nod

Adventurous
View attachment 29216
View attachment 29217

Top image is the only Asian face for Gen 8 F At the moment, second is Facegen character. I hope it shows how much freedom you get with that program to pick your own style of features. I wanted and old fashioned Chinese face - not a single character in Daz store has that look ( and I did have a Chinese friend look through them- he agreed )

I would so love to see this program for Hivewire figures! I'ts not perfect- I do an average of a couple of hours of dial spinning and tweeking- but it is soooo much fun to have shaped the character pretty much exactly as you want it.

Again, not insulting that PA- lots of people love that look.
I actually think Miki3 & 4 look better. And they'll work with Poser.

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
Save the money and say you spent it and when you got enough move out and get a stuffed animal collection.....real animals are expensive to care for and eventually give you heart ache when they leave you to go to animal heaven. :(

McGyver

Energetic
Coffee grinder.

First off... It's about coffee...
Granted, I'm biased because 12% of my blood is composed of caffeine.
I frequently write "Kenyan AA" for my blood type on medical forms... Someone usually corrects it later...

Second... It grinds stuff.
If one day you decide you don't really like coffee anymore... I can't imagine why, but let's pretend it's something excusable like an illness or a dehydrated pharaoh's curse...
I'm assuming if it's a $200 grinder it can really grind the hell out of your coffee beans...
Well if that the case, you can grind all sorts of stuff with it... Probably not stuff recommended or more likely frowned upon by the manufacturer, but grinders are mini destruction machines and what's not to enjoy about that.
A $200 grinder should be able to grind diffent types of raw mineral ore in my opinion, so there is that too...
Grind coffee in the morning and use it for smelting operations in you spare time.

I'd add a "three" but, that would just be me complaining about all sorts of stuff related to sequential model numbers, newness hype and other stuff I know will upset someone...
I don't really know who, but they'd be upset and then I'd feel bad and that would make this cupcake I'm eating while I'm writing this, taste less fantastic.

I'd also like to point out that taking advice from me, in any form is never a good idea and can lead to comical injuries or lengthy jail sentences.

AlphinaNovaStar

Energetic
It is a hard poll. If I had two hundred to spend on anything, I rather get a smart watch than on one coffee grinder. Unless a smart watch cost more than two hundred. o_O

A new 64 bit computer is more than two hundred,right?

I wonder what would I really would do with two hundred other than paying my phone bill. I have twenty left to pay for this month. :bounce:. I have about two weeks to find twenty dollars.