• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should i buy M8 or a New Coffee Grinder

Should I buy M8 and all his extras...(just like I did for M7, M6, M5, M4)?

• Total voters

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I would buy the M8 stuff and a cheaper grinder. I mean $200 and all it does is grind coffee, you still have to make it yourself. :cool:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Get a Mr. Coffee and invest in the horse and the cats and some nice flowers!

I personally don't care awefully much for the looks of new and improved 8 models. Some thing to me is off on the skin textures.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I don't drink coffee, so I'd buy a Convection Oven instead.

And ... since I don't use DS, it wouldn't benefit me to spend that $200 on M8 and all his toys.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Buy Carrara then you don't have to worry about M8.... at all :cool:

and still have enough left over for a coffee grinder :sneaky:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Aww no furbaby? You need to get one - or two!

My Mum won't let us have either a cat or a dog. She lets me have the neighbours dog in our house because I walk him every day, but that's as far as it goes. My two brothers and me pester her all the time for a pet of our own, but she won't give in. :(

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Sounds like you are almost ready to move out. I bet getting a pet is one of the first things you do.

quietrob

Extraordinary
Get a hammer to grind those beans or just take them to Starbucks. They'll grind them for you.
I have a K-Cup coffee maker and the coffee is perfect every single time. And expensive. I will say this. You get what you pay for and that coffee grinder/maker looks amazing. Will you be satisfied with anything less?

Besides, the Christmas sales at DAZ are coming if you can wait.

What do you use? Poser, DS, or something else?

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Sounds like you are almost ready to move out. I bet getting a pet is one of the first things you do.

Wish I could move out, but I have to wait til I'm 18 and have a job. Then I'd want to have a dog and a cat, get them young so they can grow up together.

Jay Versluis

Admirable
Must be a hellufa coffee grinder for 200 bucks. What else does it do besides grinding coffee? I have a Bodum model, didn't cost me anything (I won it for some pictures I drew of the White Collar TV show a few years ago). Never had a coffee grinder before, now I love it. So in principle, stick with the coffee grinder... just rethink what model you're getting.

As for Michael 8, he won't be as cheap as he is right now for a while. Plus, there's that extra 20% they give you if you own the previous two Michael Pro packages... However, if he's worth the cash, only time will tell I guess. Whatever you do, don't forget to buy the head and body morphs, as well as the expressions!

Let us know what you decide :)