• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Should be an interesting weather night

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Well, RAM, I do believe you jinxed us.........the witches are definitely flying now. And trees, branches and debris.

The winds have most of the trees bent in half and a lot are breaking like matchsticks.

We lost power once already with the typical hummmmmm.....light blink..........huuuuuuuummmm....light blink of a tree hitting a transformer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad all's well Traci. We have pouring rain today, so I'll probably not go out at all. I don't mind a light rain/drizzle if I have to make a quick run to a store in the neighborhood, but I hate even going to the corner mailbox if it's pouring.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yeah, what Alisa said! I'm glad we don't have any lines, telephone or otherwise, above ground around here. We used to have them when I first moved into this neighborhood back in the mid-70's, but they moved them underground over the years, so that's good.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Yeah, the winds are almost constant and strong......gusting to 60mph. So far, the storm door (which is VERY heavy) which my brother removed to fix a hinge and leaned against the porch rail was blown down - the only thing keeping it from shattering was a 2x2 sitting in front of it getting wedged on the window frame by the weight of the door.

And, the neighbor has a shattered windshield from tree limbs falling as he was driving down the road.

The NWS is reporting that an EF1 tornado touched down south of us this morning. No injuries or lives lost, thank goodness!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
OH NO! EEEEEK is right. Hold on tight to the bedpost and keep Toto close by! HUGS

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad to hear that you're safe Traci...

We had stormy weather here also, not tornados though inner Melbourne did flood which is really unusual.

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hang in there Traci, and just remember... in Twister, they tied themselves to a pipe with leather straps... so if worst comes to worst, hold on and don't let go!

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Perfect skies this AM but notice the streets were wet so got rain at some point last night . Now it's over cast like crazy. I hope we get allot more rain. We need it so badly here in the bay area in California.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'll take your snow. Its currently 26c (78f) at 9am (supposed to top 34c/94f) but my bedroom is the hottest room in the house so usually feels hotter.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
It was cloudy/overcast here most of the day, but the sun finally came out for a couple of hours in the late afternoon.

We had some light wet snow for a little while yesterday evening, but nothing stuck/accumulated, so that's always good.