1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

School homework, not something I look forward to.

Discussion in 'The Meadow' started by Bonnie2001, Sep 3, 2018.

1. eclark1894

eclark1894 Distinguished

Faery Light, much of politics is based on lies, omission and exaggeration. Sometimes, it's one side, sometimes both. Do your homework. Read what both sides are telling their followers.

2. Faery_Light

Faery_Light Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Oh, believe me, I do.
    I do not enter into political debates, too much drama there and I don't need that.

But I can understand why anyone who had to struggle to get an education feels the homework is needed.
    But to me some schools overdo it and forget that children still need time to be children.

With my son and daughter the homework issue didn't matter much, they managed to do it and still have play time while being straight "A" students.
    They just absorbed knowledge like a sponge...lol.

And though I made excellent grades on all but math while in school, homework was a struggle.

It bothers me now, and always has, that there is an attitude of "well the average student learns at this pace".
    Excuse me but there is no such thing as an average student or child.
    We all learn at our own pace, but we do learn.
    We all are unique!

kobaltkween likes this.
  3. Terre

Terre Distinguished

Well put. We do indeed all learn at our own pace.