• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Scary times

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My 16 year old grand-daughter has a lump on her ribs that feels like a bone growth.
She is at the out-patient surgery unit now for bone scans, doctor is worried it may be cancer.
It is a scary time for us and I am hoping the news will be good, not cancer.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
FingersCrossed.png
Here's hoping it's just a scare, and not as bad as the doctor's are thinking. :grouphug:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It ma be a day or two before results are in.
But they fond More lumps on her spine in the cervical verabrae.
They said it could be juvinile arthritis.
So we will keep positive thoughts till we know for sure.

Me195

Extraordinary
That's just awful to get a scare like that. I'm hoping that you only get good new from here on out.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I hope it is only something simple. My cousin had a lump in his neck and it turned out to be just fatty tissue that went away with some medication, so with a bit of luck your daughter will have similar good news.

Hornet3d

Wise
My thoughts are with you and I hope all is well. I've been there, having found a lump a few years ago and scary just does not describe the emotion you feel, luckily in my case it was not cancer and just something that seems to happen with men of my age. I hope you all get through the next few days with as little trauma as possible.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The doctor called my daughter, he said there is a mass on her rib that he is worried about.
He will call back when the pelvis and cervical vertebra scans are back.
It looks like a biopsy may be needed and soon.

Poor girl is so upset and we are all worried.
My daughter said this lump on her ribs first showed up three years ago and the pediatrician said it was nothing to worry over.
This time our primary doctor was the one who checked her and was worried enough to send her for tests.

All we can do is wait and see what it is and hope for the best.
Please keep us in your thoughts. :)

Hornet3d

Wise
You and your daughter have been in my thoughts since I first read about it. Reminds me of my scare and the fact that you can't seem to concentrate on anything else, I really feel for you both the the rest of the family. Whatever divine power you believe in, if at all, I hope it provides you with the strength to see this through with as little impact as possible.

:grouphug:

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
...Reminds me of my scare and the fact that you can't seem to concentrate on anything else...

I think that's what all parents do Hornet, worry about their kids when anything goes wrong. My Mam is the same, any time me or my two brothers get ill she loses a few kilos in weight and ages a few years from the stress of it all.

Hornet3d

Wise
I think that's what all parents do Hornet, worry about their kids when anything goes wrong. My Mam is the same, any time me or my two brothers get ill she loses a few kilos in weight and ages a few years from the stress of it all.

Very true, life can be tough at times but the difference with illness is that you have so little control and you can feel so helpless, so all you can do is worry and hope.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, worry and hope.
The girl has been through so much in her 16 years and this is really stressing her more.
And even if juvenile arthritis is bad, I'd rather that than cancer.
At least arthritis can be helped a little.

Tynkere

Motivated
We don't know one another of course, but the idea of me posting questions at a topic about a 3D horses while you're worried about your grand-daughter would make me a a real horse's... bottom.

Hope it goes well for your grand-daughter, her mother & father, and yourself of course.

With Respect

--Bruce