• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Saw this on the news-web email passwords hacked!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
on the news-

If you rely on Google, Microsoft, Yahoo or Mail.ru for your emails, you should go change your password right now.

<http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cyber-passwords-idUSKCN0XV1I6>Reuters is reporting that a Russian hacker has stolen more than 273 million email passwords and are selling them online. If true, this would be the largest security breach since hackers attacked US banks and retailers two years ago.

more here-

http://www.forbes.com/sites/bensin/2016/05/05/if-you-use-gmail-hotmail-or-yahoo-mail-you-should-change-your-password-now/#6fb201b9683b

I changed my g-mail pronto!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hmmm, well I have 3 Gmail accounts, each with a different password. I'll have to see about that. I'm very good about picking passwords that are very hard to figure out, because none of them make sense to the average person.

I did receive an email from PayPal today suggesting a change of password, so they must've gotten the news too.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
PayPal didn't get hacked did they? I wouldn't think so, unless you're using Gmail for your PayPal e-mail… Then that makes sense.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well, I got an e-mail from Amazon a week or so back, asking me to change my password, because a similar username was on such a list. They said they didn't think my account had been compromised but they recommended changing it just in case. I think they were going on the assumption that I was using just one password, like many people do. And since so often your e-mail is your login information if someone has your e-mail password, they can often luck into a lot of other passwords.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
No Lyne, they weren't hacked. They mentioned something about Good Password Day, or some such thing, and why don't I go ahead and change my password. I didn't read anything in the email sounding like a warning, and they didn't mention the article(s) you did, just that the day was named Good Password Day.

That said, they may have done it that way so as to not scare all their users into panic.