• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Saving morph for characters?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
How is this done on DS? I tried saving as a Morph asset but nothing shows up in the folder.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
First load a morph using Morph Loader Pro, which creates a new dial. Then use File -> SaveAs -> Morph Asset, and make sure ONLY your dial is checked in the list. The author and product names are used to create the folder names in the "data" folder. That's it in a nutshell.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
One thing DS does that I love is how it keeps morphs separate from each other, and from the figure. This makes management way easier for content creators. In Poser, if you need to change 1 single morph, you have to basically rebuild the whole injection.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi Janet, just wanted to mention not to forget to set limits and make sure the paths are correct before saving a morph. Files can be edited later in a text editor. Also make sure you don't compress the files. Clicking on the settings wheel on the far right end of the moprh in Parameter settings and select from the menu Parameter settings will allow you to customise the morph. Including changing the colour of your morph in the parameters so it stands out.
I also like to use the standard settings from Hivewire for Dawn but place a folder with my Name and put the morphs in there. So for example a full body morph would be Actor/02_Body/01_FullBody/01_Morphs/Diva whereas ears would be something like this Actor/01_Head/06_Ears/01_Morphs/Diva.

This will make it easier for people like myself who dial there own character to find and use your morph. They can then look at all the ears they have for a character in one place. I've found with people who do their own folder outside of this structure that I don't use those morphs as much unless I hand edit them to put them in what I see as the right place. You will find that others don't do this. Some vendors for example have their own folders which is probably why despite the fact that I own a number of morphs set up like this that I rarely use them. Which is a shame because they are really good morphs. I will probably edit the files eventually so that I can more easily compare them with other morphs and use them more.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Esha answered this for me. It's save as Shaping Preset that saves it to the library.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
That saves the full character as a preset which allows you to use std morphs. I'm glad Esha was able to help. Customs morphs need to be saved to the data folder.