• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Roger me sideways...this is seriously amazing!

demo1.jpg

OK, not my piccy, that's rubbish:). But here's the rub, it took literally minutes to create this scene.

The amazing bit is the background, it was made using a new bit of 3d/landscape software called Flowscape.
Trying not to sound like an advert, I have no connection to the makers, just think this is seriously cool with loads of features. Easy to set day/night, camera focal etc. Or add animals, rocks, plants, trees etc and all for $10.

Only downside for us poser/studio users is there's no export. But you can save pictures and that's where this is useful for us. We can use these as background images or (as shown here) add them to things like the cyclorama, the RNDA infinity cove or VP's DSU.

Oh, there is one other downside ....it's addictive and once other people -especially non 3d folks - start playing you won't get your computer back for hours :)

demo2.jpg

Well I think it says something when it gets people in my house off facebook for more than 10 minutes :)

Seriously though, as my pc is tad old, I also wondered how well it would do on something with more power.
So I borrowed a mates top end surface pro (she's minted ;)) and it worked beautifully once the keyboard attached.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
WOW, this really looks like fun. I can't draw/paint to save my life, but this looks soooo easy.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yep, I found it a bit tricky to start with, working out the keyboard and mouse but once I got it it was relatively easy.

it's just over 1gig for the download, it's loaded with props and stuff.. but you can't export anything only save as a jpg image.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This looks like Cyclorama, which I quite so often use in my renders. It's the lightest way to produce a backdrop, except when it has a lot of transparency that slows renders down.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I used to use the Cyclorama, and sometimes the Infinity Cove, when I first got them. Now-a-days I use Bagginsbill's EnvSphere, or if I want to use a HDRi, SnarlyGribbly's EZDome script which utilizes the EnvSphere.

robert952

Brilliant
This looks like Cyclorama, which I quite so often use in my renders. It's the lightest way to produce a backdrop, except when it has a lot of transparency that slows renders down.

To be clear, yes, it is the ever so useful Cyclorama in mrsparky's post. I find it still useful for some occasions. But the background image used there was a screen shot of output from FlowScape. I have used a few of my own photos as the background for Cyclorama.

Apologies if i missed your point though.

Drat, MissB beat me to the punch, sort of. But some other alternatives she lists are good resources.

As Stezza pointed out FlowScape takes a bit of getting used to with the camera movements. However, it is fun to drop things. I like watching rocks fall (I may be more destructive than Stezza). To me the 'beauty' is the manipulation of objects. Drop some rocks, pick them up, turn them around stack them the way you want or even make a rock wall or stone lined path. That's what I playing with last night before I went to bed. The real intent of FlowScape is to be a 'game' to create a world and populate the world. The side benefit is a nice backdrop useful for 3D and other 2D manipulations.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Several yr ago I bought a product by Nerd3D. It was like an Infinity Cove thing with a curved bg and a separate foreground. You could use you own photos. The only recommendation was to leave a fair amount of foreground I believe. It came out decent enough. You could add bushes, grass and such to disguise a lot of gaps where the forground/background came together. Hadn't used or thought about it for a long time.

Am going to look into this product though, because the images here are quite stunning!! Thanks for sharing this with us.

Ok, I just went to the website and am drooling over what it can do! Dropping in logs, animals, etc. Kind of like Vue Ecosystems populating, but easier and way less expensive. This is amazing and $10 is a steal.

Last edited:
sapat & robert952 - yep simple as that.
Render out the image in Fluidscape and use that as the background image on "tools" like Cyclorama or Nerds background.
Or even just as a background image within poser or studio.

sapat - yea hiding the foreground/background join can be tricky.

That's why I use ground "plane" style things like the one included with RNDA's infinity cove.
With that you can raise part of the ground at the back area.

What you can also do is export out these "tools" for rendering in other apps.
Say for instance, you wanted to render in something stupidly expensive and high end, like Keyshot.
Just export the whole scene as an .OBJ file, tweak the materials and set the camera angle/focal so only the scene is visible.