• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Robotech/Macross Fan Art

theschell

Brilliant
Hubby and I have been wanting the new Voltron on Netflix :D

I used to watch the original Voltron back in the 80's, but haven't really been interested in the new series... I'd actually drifted away from collecting or watching anime thanks to an ex-wife that ruined it for me and only recently started back into collecting it regularly. It's taken me a long time to overcome the damage my ex did to my interests and hobbies and I've never gotten back into things the way I used to be... sadly...

theschell

Brilliant
A new bit of Macross fan art using my VGF-14 and other models. Rendered in Daz Studio 4.7 with post-work in Filter Forge... Enjoy!

Flight Ops(reduced).JPG

Ishizaka

Inspired
Beautiful art here! I'm still yet to watch the series, but i like mecha in general, and transforming ones as well.

Actually, i know of Shoji Kawamori (who designed Macross mechs) for other works like Eureka 7 and Armored Core.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I am a very big fan of classic Mecha Anime, and a big part of it began with Robotech. I do not feel a lot of the newer mecha anime is as good as some of the older stuff. I am not speaking of the technical aspect, I mean the plots and characters seem much more shallow, aimed at much younger audiences. The 3 most recent watches I found abysmal (Tenga Toppa Guren Lagen, ID-0, anf Last Hope). 2 of these felt to me like they were made by persons who were trying to mimic classic anime styles and themes but perhaps didn't understand them and weren't japanese in origin. Maybe I am just getting old. I have seen the new Voltron, and there were aspects I liked, and a lot I didn't. I absolutely hated that whole bit about how the pilots had to believe in themselves and their lions and be in sink and Voltron would just form...
The think I like most about anime like Macross, Votoms, many of the Gundam series is that the Mecha are war machines, and there are multiple versions and styles, but are not some unique robot with supernatural powers. The real level of success is often the pilot, except for some rare prototypes etc... Even though the Mecha are still the stars in a way, this forces more focus onto the heroes.

Ishizaka

Inspired
VOTOMS (original series, i mean) i liked pretty much, and Armor Hunter Mellowlink was very nice, too.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
VOTOMS (original series, i mean) i liked pretty much, and Armor Hunter Mellowlink was very nice, too.
I've never watched Armor Hunter Mellowlink, but I have watched a lot of Votoms (I have all 4 story arcs of the original and have seen some of the newer ones). I always liked Votoms. I also liked Patlabor (old and new files), though it's more light hearted. The original Bubblegum Crisis OVA and the Original Guyver OVA, as well as Orguss, Tekkaman Blade, Detonator Orgun, many of the Gundam timeline are all among my favorites (I particularly liked Stardust Memories and War in the Pocket). One mecha anime I considered a hidden gems was Vision of Escaflowne(series, not movie). There is a lot from the 90s through the early millennium I liked as well, though not as much of it grabbed me as fast as earlier items.

theschell

Brilliant
Vision of Escaflowne was an amazing series and one I'm proud to say resides in my personal anime collection... along with a few others mentioned above! It inspired (in part) the styling of my Anime Girl Kristin and most of my anime styled fantasy items for her (Shirow being the other single biggest source of inspiration for my personal "anime" style as it developed over the years)... :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Vision of Escaflowne was an amazing series and one I'm proud to say resides in my personal anime collection... along with a few others mentioned above! It inspired (in part) the styling of my Anime Girl Kristin and most of my anime styled fantasy items for her (Shirow being the other single biggest source of inspiration for my personal "anime" style as it developed over the years)... :)
I think we need a mecha uni-griffon that transforms into a hardsuit a-la the BGC motoroids :) The horn could actually be a minigun....and the wings could mount rocket pods and missiles, and...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I haven't been to your site in quite a while, but I always like whatever I see there. :)

theschell

Brilliant
I haven't been to your site in quite a while, but I always like whatever I see there. :)

My personal site closed down a year ago and I haven't done any new products since then... and I haven't had much time for personal renders since I moved home to help my mom out, these were about the most recent. I've been uploading the few products I kept control of after I sold off my site when it shut down over at ShareCG, so a few things are available again that weren't out anywhere else. Sadly my own life events have had to take priority over my 3D work as of late...

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
My personal site closed down a year ago and I haven't done any new products since then... and I haven't had much time for personal renders since I moved home to help my mom out, these were about the most recent. I've been uploading the few products I kept control of after I sold off my site when it shut down over at ShareCG, so a few things are available again that weren't out anywhere else. Sadly my own life events have had to take priority over my 3D work as of late...
I empathize and understand all too well - but it is still a shame. I especially liked your variable craft. I miss working on them with you. I wish I were better at texturing and modeling so I could have made some of the add-ons I had wanted to.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, sorry to hear about your old site closing down, but real life always has a knack of getting in the way. :(

theschell

Brilliant
I empathize and understand all too well - but it is still a shame. I especially liked your variable craft. I miss working on them with you. I wish I were better at texturing and modeling so I could have made some of the add-ons I had wanted to.

You were an excellent partner and I was always happy with your work... it was a shame that life events took us in other directions... :(