• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

RIP Phil Cooke, the Wizard of Poser

English Bob

Adventurous
There won't be many old hands in the Poser community who didn't know PhilC. I just read on Facebook that he passed away on 17th March, shortly after his wife Jan on March 2nd. I only knew him online, but by all accounts he was as kind and generous with his time in real life as he was in cyberspace.

I emailed him just after he'd set up his new website to point out a problem of some sort (the message is long gone), and he sent me a copy of his Wizard outfit for the Poser 4 man by way of thanks. Since I only had Poser 3 at the time there were some follow-on questions :) but I made the Wizard work. I still have the PZ3 file, dated January 2001, but I can't find the render I sent back to him. It must exist somewhere, I never deliberately discard anything.

That's very sad to hear, but thanks for passing the news to the community. His various scripts and training book/pack helped a great many into PoserPython, and he was always generous with his time and advice on the forums over many decades. Some of his scripts, written way back when, were so good that they can still work without any fix in Poser 12 - a true tribute to his clean and efficient coding! Like you I only knew him as an online acquaintance, but I'll remember him fondly.

Hornet3d

Wise
Very sad news but it is right his passing should be noted. Over the twenty plus years I have been playing with Poser I came to love his scripts and indeed, all the efforts he made in the 3D art world. He will be sadly missed.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Another tragic loss. Though I had only had a handful of interactions, they were all positive experiences. He was and iconic figure in the Poser community and was happy to share useful tutorials and advice.

Owlman

Inspired
A big loss to the Poser community. As KageRyu said, I also only had a handful of interactions, but they were all positive. Moreover, his countless products and all around innovation were a real boon for us all.

English Bob

Adventurous
Update: I found that early Poser 3 render, made with Phil's gift of his Wizard character back in March 2001. Some stupid-head had named the file 'chess' and not 'wizard'. :D

Chess.jpg

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
Oh no.. I just found this thread .. so sad ! We working together on so many Poser projects with Phil in the past and he was very creative and good friend , kind person .. love his wood work as well , that is a great lost for our community , he was a legend and a genius! Rest in peace Phil ! :cry: and thank you for all your creations !