• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Request for Mesopotamian Outfits, Props, and City

Archon3D

Inspired
Here are two renders I've done recently. The first is Gianni 6 with Greek Chic for Genesis 2 Female and the Vintage Indian sari auto-fitted onto him. I changed the materials with Mec4D's PBS Shaders vol.2 two with Iray. The second is Gia 6 with the same outfit.

Mesopotamian King .jpg
Mesopotamian Woman.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Nice start...I was going to suggest though that you might get a better result with using a texture map to get the drape on the stripe right correct, so it runs along the edges properly, but having looked at the map it wouldn't be easy.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
By the way, I wanted to say that I think you are right, this is a place where there is a big gap in content, and I think a lot of great stuff could be made. I was actually playing around with ideas for this kind of stuff about a year ago because you are right there isn't much out there. Knowing there is more interest is great, although I have a huge to do list, so I doubt I'd get to anything anytime soon. Also it would probably be dynamic (so made with Poser in mind) because of all the draping.

Archon3D

Inspired
By the way, I wanted to say that I think you are right, this is a place where there is a big gap in content, and I think a lot of great stuff could be made. I was actually playing around with ideas for this kind of stuff about a year ago because you are right there isn't much out there. Knowing there is more interest is great, although I have a huge to do list, so I doubt I'd get to anything anytime soon. Also it would probably be dynamic (so made with Poser in mind) because of all the draping.

Gadget Girl,

I'm glad you also see there's a great lack of the type of content I've suggested in the world of 3D rendering and that you've considered creating this type of content in the past. I've just received a comment here in Daz's product suggestion forum from a Daz artist, Joe Webb, who also agrees with me. His historical renders are great. He's told me he was an ancient history major. I'm a few months away from getting my own minor in history at a university here in the state I live in.

The amount of time I would have to wait for these products is certainly not an issue. I'm willing to wait a long time for these products. I've only started writing the biblical novel I said I wanted to illustrate.

I plan to purchase Dawn and Dusk in the future, but my only request would be that versions of these outfits be made for Genesis 3 male and Genesis 3 female in Daz Studio. I know that those aren't Hivewire3D figures, but I would like to use these types of outfits on at least one generation of the Genesis figures I own.

I also agree that the type of outfits I'm suggesting require a lot of draping. After looking at hundreds of images of ancient clothing, it seems lots of ancient clothing was like that. These outfits could complement the updated version of the Hanging Gardens of Nimrud that Ken Gilliland said he would work on in the future. Just an idea.

Archon3D

Inspired
I'll be eventually updating most of my sets for the newer renderers (iRay/Superfly), but with a 100+ products, it's a lot of work... and yes, Hanging Gardens is on my to-do list. Where they end up on the list depends on demand and what else I'm working on... for instance, my current frog project makes "Water Lily Garden" and "Duck Pond" priorities as well as my Racing Tack and Track sets since the HW Thoroughbred are finally coming to market. I'll try to move up my update plans for Hanging Gardens for this summer. My promo video of the Hanging Garden set is mostly from the Vue version (with some Poser). The Vue version takes advantage of Vue's Eco-system plants which really add to the finished look.

Hello, Mr. Gilliland. In April, you told me you would try to move up your update plans for Hanging Gardens for the summer. My Lords of Babylon render in the Media gallery uses the ziggurat from Hanging Gardens and I would love to see an Iray version of the entire set. Will the updated Hanging Gardens of Nimrud be released soon? I'm probably the only Hivewire customer requesting this product, maybe there are others, so I understand if you don't have plans to release it in the near future. And I assume you have a very busy schedule. But if you plan to update and release this new product, it would be nice to know your current plans for it.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I started updating it at the start of the summer and got sidetracked. It's hard to balance newer (revenue generating) with updating my older products (with don't generate very much). It is still on my list (as well as my entire bird library). I'm hoping to finish up the year with that and at least the Birds of Prey sets. Sorry for the delay

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I should have the updates on the set finished tomorrow, then of course, it has to make its way through Hivewire's QAV testing before it will find its way to you. I'm guessing a couple of weeks. While I didn't rework the basic content of the set (other than a few minor geometry corrections), what I did do, the new DAZ version (both Iray and 3Delight in .duf format) and the Poser Superfly version does seem to improve the set a little...

Here are some test renders from the Iray and Superfly versions:

nimrud1-Iray.jpg nimrud2-Iray.jpg nimrud3-Iray.jpg

Numrud_SF.jpg Numrud2_SF.jpg

Ps. My next product updates will include the 5 Birds of Prey volumes and be ready mid December

Archon3D

Inspired
I should have the updates on the set finished tomorrow, then of course, it has to make its way through Hivewire's QAV testing before it will find its way to you. I'm guessing a couple of weeks. While I didn't rework the basic content of the set (other than a few minor geometry corrections), what I did do, the new DAZ version (both Iray and 3Delight in .duf format) and the Poser Superfly version does seem to improve the set a little...

Here are some test renders from the Iray and Superfly versions:

View attachment 32082 View attachment 32083 View attachment 32084

View attachment 32085 View attachment 32086

Ps. My next product updates will include the 5 Birds of Prey volumes and be ready mid December

Mr. Gilliland,
Thank you so much for these preview renders! This new set looks great! I'm glad to see the plants are much more realistic than the older plants with this new set. That's something I was looking forward to. I've played with the older set for months to figure out what types of renders I'll do with this new set, and I'm coming up with many ideas. Thank you for your work on this.

Archon3D

Inspired
Mr. Gilliland,

Are the new Superfly and Poser versions now available for purchase? I was expecting to see the new version of Hanging Gardens displayed on Hivewire's homepage. But I just happened to look at the product page of Hanging Gardens and saw your new Iray and Superfly renders, along with the older renders, displayed there. And I saw information about the Iray and Superfly versions in the product description below the renders. If they're available, I feel a little silly for not noticing this sooner. If they're not available yet, I'll patiently wait for them.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
They're available :)

But hopefully you won't feel bad for not realizing it. Can't recall if any images were on the front page or not, but the new products went in the store earlier this month:

Product Updates - Main Notification

Go get em! ;)