• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Renderosity staff picks

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks everyone, mind you they did have a lot to choose from as I have been uploading a few renders each day for the last few weeks. Up until about three years ago I had a gallery there which included some 300+ renders then lots of things happened and I emptied the gallery, having to delete each render individually which sort of shows how upset I was at the time.

Three years on and with Dawn, Dusk and other HiveWire 3D figures now included in the new Poser I thought it would be a good time to upload some Dawn renders so Poser users over there could see Dawn in action as it were. So I have been uploading some of my Dawn renders that I have produced over the last two years along with the ones I am generating now. I am pleased that the renders have generated a few notifications and some interest in Dawn. I am hoping the inclusions in the staff picks will also generate further interest and at least persuade users of the new Poser to see how Dawn works for them, after all the New Poser has the fitting room so with Dawn and Dusk also included giving them a go is not going to cost them anything.

Hornet3d

Wise
I saw that earlier over at Renderosity. Congratulations sir! :)

Thank you, I am always surprised but pleased when someone finds a render of mine that they like. I really hope it encourages others to at least try HiveWire 3D figures whether it be in Poser or DS. I am amazed at some of the comments and site mails I have received in that it is almost as though HiveWire 3D was a secret society to some.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, that wouldn't surprise me. ;) I just think a lot of folks use them, but aren't necessarily members here, so we don't know about them.

Hornet3d

Wise
Congrats guys!! Well deserved awards !! :balloon03:

My mind was so blown away with my render being selected I didn't notice you also had a render selected. Congratulations, I only use other people's content to create mine, you create the content as well so double congratulations.

So many renders from a small band from Hive, perhaps it is the 'Hive' effect.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks, but oh hey no big deal! =) I get them occasionally, but I'm really happy for you and mininessie!! Well deserved and you guys always do really nice quality work!! Hope to see more of them!!

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks, but oh hey no big deal! =) I get them occasionally, but I'm really happy for you and mininessie!! Well deserved and you guys always do really nice quality work!! Hope to see more of them!!

I suppose as a vendor that you have some feedback that others like your work when they buy your products. For someone like me, who just creates renders just for myself and close family it is sort of strange when others show an interest. Still very rewarding though.

Hornet3d

Wise
Err, I have another render chosen for the staff picks over at Rendo that is three renders in four weeks, if it keeps going at this rate it is going to cost me a fortune.........(only kidding by the way I would not like anyone to think Rendo staff are doing anything underhand).

Hornet3d

Wise
congrats again! :balloon02:

Thank you so much. I think what surprised me the most was this render was a purely a space scene and they do not usually get the interest that other subject matters receive. One good spin off is that I have picked up a few followers and as the majority of my renders are centred around Dawn I am hoping it will raise her profile a little over at Rendo. I think that is important as everyone here knows how great the HiveWire family is but I don't think it is as well recognised over there, I even have the suspicion some still believe that Dawn does not work in Poser.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Congratulations from me as well Hornet. As I posted in your gallery, that type of space scene is one of my favorites to render, though I haven't gotten around to doing any lately. I can appreciate how well you got it done. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Congratulations from me as well Hornet. As I posted in your gallery, that type of space scene is one of my favorites to render, though I haven't gotten around to doing any lately. I can appreciate how well you got it done. ;)

Thank you so much, positive comments from someone who has a special interest in the subject matter of a render always adds an extra dimension.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the old TV show Stargate Atlantis, which was one of my fave Sci-Fi shows.