• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remembering Joanna/StudioArtVartanian Render thread

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Well always been a fan of Joanna's work so when I saw her supporting Dawn I grabbed it all in one fell swoop! lol

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I don't have Maraki or the expansion pack, but they're certainly going to be in my runtime at some point. Just need to save a few bucks first. ;)

AetherDream

Breathing Life into Characters
Contributing Artist
She is really going to be missed. I love her hair sets. She did a lot of great 70s and 80s themed hair and stuff. Her work was lively, so I thought a colorful 70s themed render celebrating her work would be appropriate. I used Lynn Hair and a pre-made background by FrozenStar.
SAV Hair.jpg

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Apparently Rendo is still selling all of SAV's items... not sure who the funds go to or what "SAV" group (?) is made up of.... I have most of those items and get a SAD twinge every time I use them... *heavy sigh*.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm glad that they are still selling them. I imagine the money goes to whoever she left it to, so most likely a family member.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Yes, I've noticed her store is still open. I think, considering the amount of products, and their popularity, it would be a shame if her store had been closed down completely.

scatha

Adventurous
Joanna was, and in our memories will always remain to be, a delightful person to talk to, taking her time for practically everyone and always friendly. The day she passed is a tragic day for us all, we lost someone with a big heart for the community.
But while the loss is great I cannot help but recall the fond memories whenever I use one of her products.

D

Deleted member 325

I feel a bit of a heel posting so late... I had started an image back when I broached the idea of this tribute thread, and just now finished it. Here it is. This has a lot of time in set-up, render, and Post, yet still I am unsure if it does justice for it's cause.

I have used SAV content a lot over the years, in many projects (and in fact the P.I. in my M4 Gumshoe promos who I had intended to use in a short comic is Volg for M4). Such fine work, and this was such a loss for us all.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree with Pen. I think the costumes and posing work perfectly with the storyline. Indeed a great tribute.