• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember Dodgeball?? When it was still competetive? When I was a kid, we played it a little differently from what I've seen in the movies. We used to form a circle and the people got in the middle. We throw the ball and the people in the circle had to evade the ball. Last person tagged won. And yeah, we tried to make them cry, unless it was a girl.
1641428545182.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Saw this picture, made me think of a funny story from when I was a teenager.
I used to work in a restaurant as a dishwasher/busboy. One of my jobs was to change the beer kegs at night or during the dinner rush. Had a new guy I was training that night, and the beer was getting low, so we set him up. One of the cooks went to the back and got an empty keg and put it in the cooler with the full kegs. We knew one it was. So the beer keg on tap finally went dry and we hand to change it out. One of the cooks grabbed the new guy and told him to follow him to the beer cooler. The cook opened the cooler and grabbed the empty keg and hefted it over his shoulder and walked out of the cooler. He told the new guy to grab another keg and follow. The new guy went into the cooler and we all near bust a gut laughing when he nearly killed himself trying to lift it to his shoulders. We finally took pity on him and let him in on the joke.
1641429531829.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Speaking of Dodgeball, did anyone ever play kickball when you were a kid? I was certain when Dodgeball got attacked that kickball would follow suit. After all, you had to throw the ball to get someone out. Well, you didn't have to throw it, but it was a lot more fun!:D
1641477408392.png

eclark1894

Visionary
I haven't smoked in over 27 years, but I have one like that, only I made it in a pottery class, so it's not clear glass, and probably the only reason I still have it.
Everybody's made an ash tray in pottery class. I don't smoke or drink myself, but everybody else in my family has at one time or another.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I have everything I made from that class, except the one item I specifically made for my mother. Not sure what happened to it when she passed.

eclark1894

Visionary
Oh I have everything I made from that class, except the one item I specifically made for my mother. Not sure what happened to it when she passed.
My brother made a ceramic Christmas tree one year which we kept for years. It disappeared after my mother died.

eclark1894

Visionary
Anybody remember the show, Dark Shadows? I do. It's another one of those shows my sister loved to watch. Scared me silly. But I did like Barnabas for some reason.
1641701248869.png

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember this??? Actually, I was on the cusp of graduating from high school, so it actually came along too late to do me any good, but damn it was entertaining! :D
1641701415159.png

eclark1894

Visionary
You know, I knew I knew this woman from somewhere, but I could never place her. She's Hattie Winston from the show Becker back in the late 90s and early 2000s. But I had to go look up the Electric Company and I saw her name.
1641701826999.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Anybody remember the show, Dark Shadows? I do. It's another one of those shows my sister loved to watch. Scared me silly. But I did like Barnabas for some reason.
Jonathan Frid, and it's said he saved the show from being axed, even though there was a pretty good cast back in that day. I guess making him a vampire did the trick.

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them??? People talk about the soundtrack of your life. Well, Herb Alpert may not have written it, but during the early 70s, he was definitely on the cover.
1641727553224.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Dark Shadows was great! I watched it every day after school. Best soap opera ever! Since it was live, you could catch funny things now and then...someone messing up their lines and correcting mid-sentence, seeing the woman who jumped off the cliff bounce back slightly from the trampoline. They made something like 600 episodes. The very first few were lost, but the rest were put on DVD. Too pricey for me, though.

Dana

eclark1894

Visionary
Dark Shadows was great! I watched it every day after school. Best soap opera ever! Since it was live, you could catch funny things now and then...someone messing up their lines and correcting mid-sentence, seeing the woman who jumped off the cliff bounce back slightly from the trampoline. They made something like 600 episodes. The very first few were lost, but the rest were put on DVD. Too pricey for me, though.

Dana
For the record, I understand the show is streaming on HULU and for free on PlutoTV.