• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

eclark1894

Visionary
Remember them??????
1658961278453.png

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Mom wathced this, so I saw bits of it now and then. I think this one is Dynasty. She also watched Peyton Place and Dallas.
Yes, I recognize Joan Collins, but that man in that photo doesn't look like the John Forsythe I remember.

I also watched Dallas regularly, but never got into Peyton Place.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Yes, I recognize Joan Collins, but that man in that photo doesn't look like the John Forsythe I remember.

I also watched Dallas regularly, but never got into Peyton Place.
She used to watch All My Children during the daytime, too. I was not working at the time, so I saw some of that. Boy, those soaps move really slowly! Grass grows quicker! :D

Dana

Miss B

CV-BEE
Quick Update: Earlier today, I announced that actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver on tv, had passed away. According to USA Today:
"Leave It to Beaver" actor Tony Dow, who played Wally Cleaver in the popular sitcom, is in hospice, according to reports. According to the paper, his wife thought he was dead, and mistakenly issued the notice of his death.
Well, unfortunately, that update is wrong. Today's NY Times reported that he did pass away. It stated that "His death came a day after it was announced erroneously."

Miss B

CV-BEE
There was a big one downtown in my home city. Just blocks away from where we lived.
We didn't have one here, but IIRC, there was one about a mile from here, in the next "neighborhood", as it was. I just didn't do enough shopping in that area to be certain.

DanaTA

Distinguished
The way we were:

Woolworth's and Newberry's - Chalrton sign still up.jpg

We also had a Kresge's, to the right of Woolworth's. Kresge was the origin of K-Mart. Woolworth's had a nice pet section, with lots of cool fish and birds. I used to go there almost every day to look at them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
KMart stores aren't within the 5 boroughs/counties of NY City. The same is true of Walmart, as you have to drive east toward Nassau County, which is Long Island. I don't recall why they're not here in NYC, but I do remember there was a big thing about it years ago, and they are not permitted to have stores here within the City limits.

eclark1894

Visionary
KMart stores aren't within the 5 boroughs/counties of NY City. The same is true of Walmart, as you have to drive east toward Nassau County, which is Long Island. I don't recall why they're not here in NYC, but I do remember there was a big thing about it years ago, and they are not permitted to have stores here within the City limits.
I think they did have at least one K-mart in NYC back in the 90s. I bought something there.