• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Remember These???

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm talking about the "original" Magnum PI . . . the one that starred Tom Selleck back in the 1980s.

eclark1894

Visionary
I'm talking about the "original" Magnum PI . . . the one that starred Tom Selleck back in the 1980s.
I figured you were. His name was Gale Gordon, not John Hillerman. But I'll admit there's a resemblance.
1657073194863.png

DanaTA

Distinguished
Mr. Wilson (Gale Gordon) was kind of old in Dennis the Menace. He would have been quite old in Magnum P.I..

Dana

DanaTA

Distinguished
Sorry Earl, but according to IMDB, it's John Hillerman.

View attachment 74923

I distinctly remember it being John Hillerman, so I rest my case.
What he was saying was that it's not John Hillerman in that photo, it's Gale Gordon, who played Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace. He was also Mr. Mooney on The Lucy Show. Actually, he was also in Here's Lucy, as Harrison Otis 'Harry' Carter. He was born in 1906, so he would have been 74 if he were on Magnum P.I..

Dana

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
What he was saying was that it's not John Hillerman in that photo, it's Gale Gordon, who played Mr. Wilson in Dennis the Menace. He was also Mr. Mooney on The Lucy Show. Actually, he was also in Here's Lucy, as Harrison Otis 'Harry' Carter. He was born in 1906, so he would have been 74 if he were on Magnum P.I..
Ahhhh, OK. I misunderstood him, as I thought he was saying John Hillerman wasn't in Magnum PI.

eclark1894

Visionary
Ahhhh, OK. I misunderstood him, as I thought he was saying John Hillerman wasn't in Magnum PI.
Another little tidbit that I found out. Gale Gordon was officially the first chioce for Fred Mertz on I love Lucy, not William Frawley. Gordon was already working on Our Miss Brooks, though at the time.

eclark1894

Visionary
I don't think I ever realized that was from a movie soundtrack. Probably because I never saw that particular movie.
Well, the original song isn't from a soundtrack. The movie was about a group of friends who met years later. The song was simply included on the soundtrack.