• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

REC freebies

Michele

Eager
I've been meaning to get over here to post whenever I do anything for the HW figures, but I've been so busy with other stuff and just didn't get around to it.

Anyway, I recently had a go at creating a dial morph for Luna -- just the face.

You can download it for DAZ Studio and/or Poser here.

Michele

Eager
Also, is there a way to easily transfer these dial values from DS to Poser? I just wrote down the parameters from DS and re-entered them in Poser, which is kind of a pain, so if there's another way to do this, I'd love to hear it.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks Michele, I grabbed it the other day, but haven't had a chance to play with it. She is a cutie. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Also, is there a way to easily transfer these dial values from DS to Poser? I just wrote down the parameters from DS and re-entered them in Poser, which is kind of a pain, so if there's another way to do this, I'd love to hear it.

Honestly, that's what I basically did with Nataani's morphs, too (except that I had both DS and Poser open and just kept going between the two windows for each value). If you ever find an answer to that question, I will be just as interested as you are in it! LOL

This Luna morph looks adorable. Thank you very much for sharing. :)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I know I've already said this but welcome back and I LOVE your morph! I do t think you can say that too many times :)

Michele

Eager
Thanks for all the positive feedback! Much appreciated. I have a few things in the works for Dawn and Dusk too.

Honestly, that's what I basically did with Nataani's morphs, too (except that I had both DS and Poser open and just kept going between the two windows for each value). If you ever find an answer to that question, I will be just as interested as you are in it! LOL

This Luna morph looks adorable. Thank you very much for sharing. :)

Well, rats. I was hoping for a miracle fix, ha!

I didn't think to have both programs open at once; that's a much smarter way to copy over the dial settings than the way I did it. Next time I'll do that instead.

I was so used to doing dial morphs for the Gen4 folks, and even my "kitchen sink" morph characters were easy to save to Poser pz2 format. Pity there isn't something like the Poser Format Exporter for DS4.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well, the PFE does work in DS4. I have used it lots of times in the past. I just don't think it's viable for this use because I tend to build in Daz Studio first (I'm most comfortable there), and then Poser second. And as far as I know, we can't just jump the figures (even in pz2 format) from one program to the other and have them function. I could be wrong, of course. If so, I'm sure someone will correct me.

I didn't think to have both programs open at once; that's a much smarter way to copy over the dial settings than the way I did it. Next time I'll do that instead.

I don't know that it will be "easier" per se. It's just a different way, I think. I find it easier for my workflow to have a DS window open, and a Poser window open, and I check the value on a morph in DS, then go back to Poser and dial in the same morph in Poser. And of course there's a few morphs that need to have the values adjusted once everything is dialed in, but... yeah it's quite a tedious process.

I have not yet found a better way to do it, though.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I use the Poser file exporter in DS to export poses Seliah...but it doesn't work for injections don't know how it would go with dial spins. I've never tried it.

Michele

Eager
Thanks, Richard! :inlove:

I use the PFE in DS to save dial morphs in pz2 format and have for a long time. It seems to work fine. The last V4 dial morph I released into the freebie wilds was Inez, and she requires SP4, Morphs ++, and CDI's Faerime A4. First image is rendered in DS and the second in Poser 10. I'm barely functional in Poser but I didn't have any problems aside of the eyes rotating a little too high (haven't figured out yet how to unhide the parameter dials.)

Michele

Eager
Thanks, Pendraia! A little late responding, sorry. This year has been incredibly hectic for all my fun-time projects and I keep running behind on everything. Ugh.

Anyway, I'm sure no one here is particularly interested in V4, but I do have some Dawn face dial morphs and I'm looking for DAZ Studio users to test them out. You can find the download link here. The morph sets required for these to work are also linked at that blog post.

I will make Poser versions as well, but as noted above I'll have to transfer all the dial values manually and that'll take me a bit.

There's three faces in this set. Due to a total lack of imagination on my part, they're numbered rather than named.

dawn-dm-01.jpg
dawn-dm-02.jpg
dawn dm 03.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Looks cool...I'll give them a whirl when I get chance. I need to finish what I'm doing first.

Michele

Eager
Thank you!

And glad to hear I didn't screw up anything. ;)

That's a nice texture. I need to buy more Dawn skins, as I'm seriously lacking in non-white folks.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Tosca's done asian and african...there was one that does indian at a pinch iirc but I can't remember whose it was without checking. Tosca is Virtual World...