• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Quixel 2.1 Released

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
New year, new build! 2.1 is OUT: Symmetry painting, Quixel Colors for creating material ID maps in 3ds max and Maya, wireframe & backface toggling in 3DO + lots of other improvements & fixes. Grab the upgrade from within the Suite!

- Introducing: Symmetry Painting, including 1 plane, 2 plane and 3 plane symmetry options
- Introducing: Quixel Colors 1.2, for quickly assigning material IDs in Maya and 3dsmax (including baker for 3ds max)
- Added Wireframe toggle, including presentation settings
- Added Backface Culling toggle
- Added 3D Paint Invert toggle
- Added Seam Dilation slider in paint mode
- Improved Metal & Wood base material values
- Search function in material browser now much faster
- Importer in 3DO now loading faster
- Improved UI for input fields in 3DO
- Updated 21 Pure Metal Smart Materials
- Fixed broken legacy skin
- Fixed issue with disappearing Dynamask editor
- Fixed offline activation bug
- Fixed license activation bug
- Fixed NDO/DDO startup crash
- Various UI improvements
- Additional minor bug fixes

Quixel

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
I've already played with the symmetry painting in a pre-release build and it works well. Also, during a live stream on twitch, they've confirmed the Quixel Colors plugin also coming to Blender soon.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Honestly it's what I'm waiting for. Colors is an intuitive panel you can search. As it stands, the current method for Blender loads in like a ton of color-shaded spheres that I've gotta hunt for the right material in the scene list.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh that sounds like something I'd like as well. Thanks for the heads-up.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Well it wont mean much without Quixel, but I suppose you could use the colors for any ID map really.