• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Quixel 2.1.2 Released

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Quixel Suite 2.1.2 is OUT! Lots of new content and materials, Quixel Colors 1.3 with Houdini support, beefed up exporter, bug fixes and lots more. Also congrats to HoOman Rahati, winner of CG+ Star Wars Reimagined and first time user of Suite 2

- Quixel Colors 1.3 with full Houdini support and improvements for Max/Maya
- Added Multi Material Export support
- Added 10 new organic brushes
- Added 12 new organic masking patterns
- Added 5 new Smart Materials
- Added 3 new ID Presets (for super fast Smart Material batching)
- Added Skin Material scan
- Added new Post Process preset
- Fixed bug where paint layers would break for 16 bit documents
- Fixed bug where custom imported Metalness maps could break in some cases
- Fixed bug where some Smart Materials were only added to 1 texture channel
- Added 8 new texture blend modes
- Added extra features to floating license support
- Improved fail safety and added helper messages
- Added some UI Easter eggs...
- Additional minor fixes and additions

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Any special deals on it Vaskania? I didn't buy it in the earlier sale but then realised after that I really like the normal map function.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yeah...saw that after I posted. I'm still kicking myself that I didn't get it when it was on sale but at the time I hadn't looked at the normal map side of things which is really excellent just the surface and texturing bit which made my head spin.

Lissa_xyz

I break polygons.
Texturing in quixel really isn't that bad at all. I took to it faster than I did substance (in fact I gave in to my bf's throwing quixel in my face because substance was giving me fits). If you can paint with using layers and a non destructive workflow then the only thing left to learn about quixel is where things are located in the menus.

I haven't dove into nDo too much (the normals side of things), because most of the maps you can convert are ones that I've had baked out for me already from the actual modeler or xNormal.

What is handy, is when painting on a bump map, the bump data gets saved into the normal map so there's no need to use both maps at once.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm using Luna's base maps as a merchant resource for creating Diva's texture so I thought I'd have a look at how it turned out.