• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question Regarding Lights And Testing Materials In Poser

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Hi, as you know I'm a total noob in Poser. In DS I have a set of white lights created by Adam that I use for testing materials and shaders. Is there a similar light set for Poser? Something that will allow you to judge materials and shaders?

thanks

Pen

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
If you are just wanting to seam check etc. Then this is the one I use, yes it's a mr for V4 but it does have the lights I use, plus all the camera settings, and even...... A mr skin for V4.

V4 MAKE IT EASY 2D Mint3D

Now, if you want lights for promos, I would use the HDRFX lights from over at RDNA.

RenderStudio P8-2014 Modular 8 - HDR-Lighting FX

RenderStudio P8-2014 Modular 9 - HDR-Lighting FX 2

They are both on sale at the moment, and I use these lights 95% of the time in my renders. Well worth having.

All the best.

Richard.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
When I am setting up a scene in Poser and I want to see all things (clothing, colors, etc.) CLEARLY, I use Fabiana's "Develop Light" in her Mild Boreal set... then I use her Warm & Soul for final renders...

Is that what you mean?

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
When I am setting up a scene in Poser and I want to see all things (clothing, colors, etc.) CLEARLY, I use Fabiana's "Develop Light" in her Mild Boreal set... then I use her Warm & Soul for final renders...

Is that what you mean?
Yes, I've been using Fabi's Develop Lights a lot lately for testing, and even like them on occasion for final renders.

I also took Richard's suggestion about the V4 Make It Easy lights a while back, and for checking things out, such as seams, they're a really good set.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Richard and Lyne...the lights I use are purely for checking materials and shaders. Not promos but to see how the shader is working. Many lights are set up in such a way that they interfere with this. Adams are pure white lights using the DS Uber environment. I'll check out your links the seam check and develop lights might be what I'm after...I have got some promo lights from Traci that I'm currently using. Thanks for the help...

Thanks Miss B...

paganeagle2001

Adventurous
Look, it's time to think of yourself and get a post Christmas present for yourself. You can get both of those sets for less than the full price of a single set.

All the best.

Richard

Miss B

CV-BEE
Look, it's time to think of yourself and get a post Christmas present for yourself. You can get both of those sets for less than the full price of a single set.

All the best.

Richard
It's a DONE DEAL!! :D I didn't waste any time after making that last post. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I need to go carefully myself at the moment so I wishlisted the HDR ones.

I currently have some Dawn character sets in my trolley at Rendo and some things here but I'm waiting on going to the bank today before buying them.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh I know what you mean Pen. I just happened to have a few bucks left in my PayPal account, or I would be waiting until after the 1st, and then they probably wouldn't have been on sale anymore.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
All the sales recently have wiped me out especially with the exchange rates being so bad...but I do have a bit of Christmas money which I will use, once I have been to the bank.

I found some really nice Dawn sets that I hadn't seen before and now I know how to convert them from Poser it makes them an instant purchase. Damn...just realised all the info I previously posted has been lost. I will have to set up a thread for that and also for the clones.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhh, I was just looking at Sato yesterday. I think she'd make a nice Asian character for Dawn.

Soraka's not bad either, but I didn't particularly like Alva.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I did...but I do more fantasy type renders than anything else. She would be very useful...I hadn't seen them before a few days back.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I think I was chatting with Satira and she pointed out Soraka, so i checked EF's other characters and saw Sato and liked her.

It's nice to have the fantasy makeup, and of course the elf ears, but I look at the regular character makeup and face shape/morph, etc. first. The rest I consider "extra" goodies. :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I do the reverse...mainly because I tend to do fantasy renders more than pin up type renders or mainstream.