• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question About Saving Lights

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
OK, I was wondering if it's possible to save a single light, rather than a whole set of lights.

My reasoning is, it's the type of light where I'd only like to "add" it to a set of lights that are already in a scene, so I don't want to save a whole set. What I did was select the light I wanted to save, but that didn't work as it saved all the lights in the scene, and that's not what I want. Anyone have any ideas if this is doable?

Any hints or tips on how to do this, other than to edit out the unwanted lights from the "set" I had inadvertently saved, would be greatly appreciated.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I know Poser has an option to select which lights we want to save with the preset, but if you are saying it doesn't respect the selection, then it's a bug that needs to be reported. But reporting will only matter if you are using Poser 11, as SMS will not fix older versions.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Hey Ken, I have both Poser 9 and PoserPro 11, and I was setting up a scene for SuperFly in PP11 earlier, and used one of the HDRVFX lights, but I wanted to add a rim light, so I created it.

Then after I got it all set up where I wanted it, I decided it would be nice to be able to save it for reuse, but even though I had the rim light selected and saved to the library, it saved all the lights. The only way I could get it to be just the one light was to edit the lt2 in PFE. Not a really big deal, but I was curious if there was a way to do it so only the one I wanted got saved.

OK, I think I just figured out how to do it, or at least how to delete lights I don't need before saving it. I don't have the light controls setup in my UI by default, because up until recently, I've not been able to create my own lights in Poser as easily as I did it in the 3 versions of DS I've used over the past 9 or 10 years. Now that I've successfully created a couple of lights, and hopefully more, I'd like to be able to save some of them singly for my own use, so opening the floating Light Controls from the Window menu will, I think, do the trick. ;)

If I don't get it to work, I'll be back, and then we'll talk about contacting SM if necessary. I figure I can always create lights in PP11, and then either duplicate and change the version for P9, or just edit the version number and access them from my P9 Runtime from within PP11.

English Bob

Adventurous
Miss B, having a light selected in the interface has no influence over what's saved. The default is to save every light in the scene (as you're seeing).

When you go to add a light to your library, after clicking on the + symbol, click on the 'Select Subset' button which is part of the dialog that asks for the name of your light. You'll get a list of all the lights in your scene, and can choose from there which light(s) you want included. That works for me in Poser 11 SP4, anyway.