• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Question about Hivewire Gorilla and Dusk

Am I understanding correctly that the Hivewire Gorilla is a morph of Dusk? Would I be able to create a half-human half-ape type creature by messing around with the morph dials? I ask because I need a Yeti for Poser and this looks like my best bet so far. Thank you! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, the HiveWire Gorilla is indeed a morph pack for Dusk. As far as creating a Yeti from Dusk and the Gorilla, I don't know of anyone who has tried, but I would think it could be possible. The only thing I'm not sure about is the height, because IIRC, and I could be mistaken, but aren't Yeti's supposed to be very tall?

Thanks for the quick answer! :D Hivewire Gorilla is now in my cart waiting for me to checkout. I'm pretty good at scaling figures (I've done it for V4 and M4 to make all my characters have different heights) so I'm thinking I could make the Yeti taller. :) I have another question about this product: Poser Fur for the HiveWire Gorilla - A Tiny Creation at HiveWire 3D
Do you think it would fit my morphed Gorilla/Yeti or would it only fit the Gorilla default morph?

LeeMoon

Inspired
The Hivewire Gorilla is a great addition to Dusk. I've dialed in different amounts of the Gorilla morphs along with some of the many morph packs I've purchased for Dusk. The resulting creature-style characters look great. I've also used the BodyTall and BodySuperModel dials to make him taller with the Gorilla morphs applied.

I need to add the Poser Fur for the Gorilla to my cart. I wonder if applying a light Dusk skin texture and modifying the fur to a light (white) color/texture would give him that Yeti look?

Lee

I thankfully noticed on the product page that the Hivewire Gorilla is included with Poser 11 Pro (which I have) so I went ahead and bought the Poser Fur for Gorilla and it works with changing morphs and scaling! So far so good. The Yeti is coming along quite well. :D

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You could also check out Dusk's Shapes and Sizes V1

It gives you additional morphs to use in creating larger and smaller shapes.
8 Sizes
SizeDwarf01​
SizeDwarf02​
SizeTiny​
SizeSmall​
SizeAverage​
SizeLarge​
SizeGiant01​
SizeGiant02​
4 Body Shapes
ShapeDwarf01​
ShapeDwarf02​
ShapeGiant01​
ShapeGiant02​
4 Head Shapes
ShapeDwarf01Head​
ShapeDwarf02Head​
ShapeGiant01Head​
ShapeGiant02Head​

and of course, Ruckus for Dusk, which gives you a 10 foot Dusk.

This is a quick render of Dusk SE with Gorilla 0.5, GorillaYounger 0.5, Ruckus 0.5, SizeGiant01 1.0.
1573269211256.png

Another quick render of Dusk SE with Gorilla 0.5, SizeGiant01 1.0 and the Poser Fur for the Gorilla. I didn't run the dynamics on the Poser Fur as I've been pushing my computer today and didn't want to risk running out of memory.

Yes. The Poser Fur for the Gorilla follows morphs applied to Dusk.
1573269311674.png

That looks fantastic! I'll definitely give those morphs a looksie! It would save me a lot of time from scaling each body part like I'm doing now. lol

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad to know that it's working for you!

I had to reinstall the Poser Fur for the Gorilla as many of the geometry and texture files in my runtime went missing some months ago. The main suspect was a malware infection. So, as I find missing files, I reinstall those products. Needless to say, I learned from that experience and I added another layer of backups of my runtimes.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm working on a product now that uses quite a few of the morphs from Dusk's Shapes and Sizes V1. Dawn needs a comparable product. While the morphs work on Dawn ... posing with those morphs is quite another story.

LOL just noticed that's the only Dusk morph addon that is NOT on sale. That's my luck for ya! Here's a quick render of what I've got so far with just scaling. I changed the fur to shades of white and edited the silverback textures to be more white. I might get the creature morphs too and make his face a little more monstrous. Not sure yet. :)
Render-15.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Whoa, you're on a good path. I totally forgot about the Shapes and Sizes morph pack Satira suggested, as that would be just what you'd need.

Glad to see you're having success. :)

I wonder if there's a way to give my Yeti long claws? Does anyone know of any morphs out there or do I need to try to create my own?
Here's an updated preview of my Yeti (sorry for the watermark, I had this on my website :)
cre-yeti-full.jpg

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I had been working on some White Ape textures, but lost a lot of the work in an HD failure... maybe I should try to find time to revisit it. Some of the work can be seen in my Renderosity gallery.. I do recall seeing many partial morphs done with the Gorilla in his initial release, and with certain other morph and scale packs it is certainly possible to make something akin to a Yeti or Sasquatch.

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Looking good! I wonder what the Ruckus morph would do. HiveWire Ruckus for Dusk SE - A HiveWire 3D Creation by Christopher Creek Art and CGCubed His hands and feet are huge!

I will refund the difference between what you paid for the Shapes and Sizes and the sale price in the morning.
In the image I link to some Ruckus morphs are in the mix, along with Shapes and Sizes to make the Forarms bigger and also some custom magnets on the shoulders, forarms, hands, and head. I wish the PZ3 hadn't gotten damaged in the hard drive corruption.