• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Products moved to HiveWire from RDNA

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Don't know yet what will be coming but hope to know later this week & I'll post a list of what's coming :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That'll be kewl Alisa. I know Joe said he'd be working on items that support HiveWire products, and he has already done the HCS addon for Dawn, so I can't imagine he won't do Dusk and Luna. Maybe even Diva. ;)

Last edited:

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hair converters are on his list.

Next batch coming are:

Camera Panel Plus 2014
Dial Manager 2015
MATWriter Panel 2014
Spawn 2014
Thumbnail Designer
Transfer Material

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Any idea what the plans are for those of us who've bought the products elsewhere when he updates them?

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Not at this point. Right now, the only thing that is different is that Creator's Toybox now contains the previously free Runtime Rodent.

As noted earlier, everyone should make copies of their RDNA invoices.

ibr_remote

Adventurous
Very grateful for the advice on how to get my proof of purchase receipts downloaded from RuntimeDNA. I've got 5 pages of items saved out.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
NOTE: We are going to be adding Netherworks products to HW Accounts because some of them have very major updates. See this post for how to do this:

Netherworks Products

Miss B

CV-BEE
Lots of work for you Alisa, but in the end it will be a good thing. ;)

aqua1955

I looked across the forum today and have seen a lot of updates to products I purchased in the past, here and at RDNA. It is just the same as a lt moved to Renderosity. To that a lot was moved from Smith Micro to the stores. I have files, bought in the past and put them store by store as a print from the store I have got them from, but it is almost impossible to find to which store they moved. It made me also aware that I purchased several files double or even triple. Doesn't a vendor keep track to whom it is sold? This would make it much easier in the future. It is because of the mail for updating The Silverstack, where I also found that there was a product update to the peafolk. The last I did not know, where there are also have been updates for the Hivewire horse.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Vendors do not always know who has bought their products. Not sure if that's true at all stores, though.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Vendors do not always know who has bought their products. Not sure if that's true at all stores, though.
I'm pretty sure they don't at most stores, unless the vendor is a frequent visitor to the forums, and folks post in their threads (usually WIP threads) that they picked it up and love it, or are having an issue, and asking for help.

I know I've gotten emails saying something I've purchased at Renderosity has been updated which I should re-download, and it looks as if the email is coming from the vendor, but I asked once, and was told it's just set up to look as if the vendor is sending the email, but it's actually coming from the store. Whether it's an automatic operation, I have no idea, and it's been a while, so don't know if they still do that.

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
I'm pretty sure they don't at most stores, unless the vendor is a frequent visitor to the forums, and folks post in their threads (usually WIP threads) that they picked it up and love it, or are having an issue, and asking for help.

I know I've gotten emails saying something I've purchased at Renderosity has been updated which I should re-download, and it looks as if the email is coming from the vendor, but I asked once, and was told it's just set up to look as if the vendor is sending the email, but it's actually coming from the store. Whether it's an automatic operation, I have no idea, and it's been a while, so don't know if they still do that.

I'm sure in the past I've had emails and free thankyou gifts from a couple of vendors at rendo, so I think rendo vendors do know but I'm pretty certain Daz vendors don't.

DanaTA

Distinguished
At my site, vendors can see a list of purchasers of their products. I did this just in case a vendor would want to give a thank you gift.

Alas, my site has not had any traffic in a while. :(

Dana

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
I looked across the forum today and have seen a lot of updates to products I purchased in the past, here and at RDNA. It is just the same as a lt moved to Renderosity. To that a lot was moved from Smith Micro to the stores. I have files, bought in the past and put them store by store as a print from the store I have got them from, but it is almost impossible to find to which store they moved. It made me also aware that I purchased several files double or even triple. Doesn't a vendor keep track to whom it is sold? This would make it much easier in the future. It is because of the mail for updating The Silverstack, where I also found that there was a product update to the peafolk. The last I did not know, where there are also have been updates for the Hivewire horse.
Some sites will tell a Vendor when a specific product is purchased and who purchased it, but some did not. As I remember RDNA did not say who bought a product, just that it had been sold. Content Paradise never said either. It would be great if all of the brokerages had tools to make it easier for content authors to track who purchased products and when, but even at Renderosity for example, to look up an old sale as a vendor I would have to dig through Emails. For a Creator to keep track would require some sort of database and spreadsheet, which not all Content Authors have the skill or time to implement, as not all do this full time.
That said, I feel your pain - I too have made the accidental duplicate purchase across sites. Most times, when caught quickly enough (within a week) I have been able to contact the second purchase site, explain the issue, and at the very least get a store credit for the amount. Rarely when that did not work I have been able to work it out by directly contacting the content author and explaining. I think there was only 1 time I had to eat the cost because neither would issue a refund.
Regarding Updates, I too would love it if the fine folks at Rendo and HiveWire could add those products from other brokerages to my purchase histories on both - this way I can download updates and get notifications. My understanding though is that it would need to be done manually for each item with proof of Purchase. For RuntimeDNA alone for me that's 12 or so years of purchase history I would need to weed through to find which items were moved where (easily 2 or more days of work on my part) and locating receipts for. I am just 1 customer, so I can imagine the overwhelming amount of work that would create for an admin handling just 10 or 20 customers, let alone hundreds.

DanaTA

Distinguished
On my site, it's called "Buyer Report" and has five sort options. The default is by user name of the buyers. The report goes back as far as there were sales. I guess it could be daunting with several years of sales if the site were really busy. But other sort options are by date, ascending or descending, and by product title, with by date as secondary sort order. I have tried to make it useful for the vendors.

Dana

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Folks, can we please move this back to the subject of the thread? Thanks!!