• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problems With Materials

Stuie

New-Bee
I have purchased both the Hivewire cat & dog. I use Carrara and normally just input things through my Content folder using the Poser information. The model would load, but when I tried to pose them, they warped out. I was instructed to make a new Content folder to use the DazStudio info. This time, it loaded AND posed great. However, I now have a problem when trying to apply a different material through the Material folder. I get an error message. Can anyone suggest something to help me out with this problem?

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Hi, Stuie, and welcome to HiveWire!

I moved this over to the Carrara forum, where hopefully some folks who've used the figures in Carrara can help, like @Stezza

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I have purchased both the Hivewire cat & dog. I use Carrara and normally just input things through my Content folder using the Poser information. The model would load, but when I tried to pose them, they warped out. I was instructed to make a new Content folder to use the DazStudio info. This time, it loaded AND posed great. However, I now have a problem when trying to apply a different material through the Material folder. I get an error message. Can anyone suggest something to help me out with this problem?

all workarounds have been posted for you at the Carrara board at DazForums .. :inverted:

I'll put it here as well..

steps:

from the browser tab select your Content tab
then select

My Daz 3D Library>Animals>HiveWireHouseCat> select your cat model.. then either double click it or drag it onto the scene with your mouse.
yes

If DS Make sure the cat is selected in the instance tab ( the second one in the tree ) double click the texture to apply if it's DS..
note: some vendors textures don't apply in Carrara so you have to do it manually if this happens .

in the tree select the Hivewirehousecat not the grey tabby 3
then apply the 3delight texture
wink

don't bother trying to use the Poser version at all.. it won't work in Carrara
smiley

same applies to all the HW animals as well...

you need to know the location of the texture files on your PC to do that.. it's easy once you know how
wink

I suggest consolidating shaders first - Edit/Remove Unused Masters/Consolidate Duplicate Shaders

then adjust the individual shaders in the shader room... You need to adjust the body, head, ears and ear hair sheets shaders to do a better job.

then after doing all the changes you can either

1. save the adjusted global shader to your shader tab for future use

2. save the adjusted cat to your objects folder for future use

or as I do ... do both
wink

this assumes you have a general knowledge of working in Carrara.
hope it helps

;)