• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

problem with song bird files..

Carey

Extraordinary
Okay I went to open my old SBRM files and it asked me for the SBRM.obj or some such thing, problem is they aren't there, neither are the sbrm2.obj files or the sbrm3.obj files. I tried reinstalling from my back up...no good.. tired going to daz and down loading them again an low and behold there is no SBRM*.obj file in there any where. I was trying to load a dead sea sparrow, I managed to get the "dead" part to load as it was DOA

I am at present lost in the library with a pipe wrench with no clue...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Which specific SBRM set are you looking at, because I just checked my old Corvus Corvus, that I purchased at DAZ just before Ken moved here to HW3D, and have it installed. I'm seeing sbrm3.obj in my Runtime.

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Okay I went to open my old SBRM files and it asked me for the SBRM.obj or some such thing, problem is they aren't there, neither are the sbrm2.obj files or the sbrm3.obj files. I tried reinstalling from my back up...no good.. tired going to daz and down loading them again an low and behold there is no SBRM*.obj file in there any where. I was trying to load a dead sea sparrow, I managed to get the "dead" part to load as it was DOA

I am at present lost in the library with a pipe wrench with no clue...

The current "Songbird" base uses the sbrm3.obj... use of the sbrm.obj was discontinued a long time ago... every set includes the .obj file and they should be found in the "Runtime:Geometries:Notung:Songbirds" folder.

My first suggestion would be to use the "Transfer" program I've set-up with Hivewire3D for your old DAZ purchases. This will ensure you have the latest versions. The second suggestion would be to remove or separate older CR2 files, the ones that have SBRM "3" are the current ones. If you still have problems please let me know...

SongbirdReMix3.png

Carey

Extraordinary
I did some more studying last night on the problem and My poser song bird library is a mess because of all the updates that have come along, I first noticed the problem when I tried to load the dead sea sparrow it asks for me to locate "songbirdremixz.obj", which no longer exists any where, the files I then re downloaded from daz has the following OBJ files, sbrm3.obj, sbrm3_g.obj, sbrm3_p.obj,sbrm3_Sy.obj and sbrm3_z.obj problem is I don't know which file to tell poser to load as the ones I tried don't appear to work correctly....

It most likely is a problem with me, see the meds I take for chronic pain make me sort of thick headed at times and with short term memory problems..

And as I said my song bird library appears to be a mix of old, very old, and very very old stuff from when Christ was a child...(I didn't know you were that old)....lol
as I say the problem is most likely on my part so your guidance and understanding is what is needed at this time. I realize I am asking a sort of special favor due to disability and I hope you will understand. see I don't reinstall when a hard drive goes bad. I keep a back up copy of my runtime on external disk and just copy that onto the new hard drive and most likely this is the cause of the problem. Course it appears my back up has been corrupted as the file "songbirdremixz.obj" should have been on there....

Ken Gilliland

Dances with Bees
HW3D Exclusive Artist
the "songbirdremixz.obj is outdated too and won't work with the newer SongbirdReMix3-P and SongbirdReMix3-Z cr2, since new geometry was added. The current base is sbrm3_z.obj.

Again, I strongly would suggest doing the "Transfer" program and having all my products under one roof at Hivewire3D. The files DAZ has were last updated in April 2013.

Carey

Extraordinary
You got it Ken and again thanks. I just sent it out, holler if you don't get it...