• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Problem loading material for short and long tail for Whisper the unicorn. Regardless of silver or gold.

Rick

Eager
I get a pop up when I try to add short or long tail material for the Whisper unicorn. I tried both long & short & both colors. Silver & gold. This is the popup I keep getting. I even reinstalled the files a second time. I did have tail selected. Didn't help. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• Whisper.jpg
    Whisper.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 197
Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Hi Rick, it looks like Whisper has loaded with the Unicorn tail (the default for Whisper I think), if you would like to use the long/short tails you will need to delete the uni tail and add the horse tail then select the correct mat file.

Rick

Eager
Thank you so much Rae! I removed the unicorn tail & gave it the horse tail, morped its size to fit the whisper unicorn & it worked fine. I could then make it long or short with the whisper material file. The only thing, was I had to apply a texture to the tail from one of the many horse textures I have, as there is no gold or silver texture for the regular tail in the Whisper folder. Which is fine. :) Thank you so much again!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmm not too sure with Whisper (I haven't used him in Poser, I'm mainly a DS user) but I'm sure it loads with a texture? (from memory I don't think there's SF settings tho, only FF so the preview may not be view correctly?)

Rick

Eager
Thank you so much Rae! I removed the unicorn tail & gave it the horse tail, morped its size to fit the whisper unicorn & it worked fine. I could then make it long or short with the whisper material file. The only thing, was I had to apply a texture to the tail from one of the many horse textures I have, as there is no gold or silver texture for the regular tail in the Whisper folder. Which is fine. :) Thank you so much again!
My mistake, the short/long material file for the gold and silver in the whisper material folder actually applied the material long & short. It didn't make the tail itself long or short. :) The whisper unicorn tail has its own material gold/silver material for the original tail. In Short, there are textures there for the regular tail & the for the unicorn tail. I was originally applying the regular textures to the unicorn tail, which is why it could not apply the texture. I guess I am tired. :)

Last edited:

tparo

Engaged
QAV-BEE
You don't have the tail loaded, the one you have is the unicorn tail and has seperate mats, you need to load the horse tail.