• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Postworking Renders Tips

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yep...there is. I need to hunt up some more tutorials for this. I don't normally do a lot of postwork, but if anyone has a favourite tutorial then please post it here.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
I use the clone and pattern tools in PS quite offten for corrections in post work and even to enhance things.

Here are a few from Obsidian Dawn for you Deviant Art folks she will be listed as Readheaded Stock

This is a link to her website she has many free items and if you wish to use them commercially she also has a policy on how to go about doing that.
There are lots of goodies on her site!!!
Obsidian Dawn Resources - Photoshop & GIMP Brushes, Tutorials, Images, Patterns, and more!

I use these sometimes when working on textures and post work.
This one is for creating realistic eyes. - Sometimes in renders you don't get a hugely realistic eye this is really good for that type of correction.
Creating Realistic Eyes using the Iris Parts Photoshop & GIMP Brushes | Obsidian Dawn
This one is for painting realistic skin - I use when you have your render run and you realize how did that shadow get there or odd highlight on the skin.
Painting Realistic Skin Textures in Photoshop Tutorial | Obsidian Dawn
This is for creating seamless tiles - well lol just helpful to know
Creating Seamless Textures in Photoshop Tutorial | Obsidian Dawn

I also will give links to some online magazines
Advanced Photoshop
Advanced Photoshop
They offer a monthly magazine that provides many tips and tutorials. There is also section where they have tutorials listed from previous issues that are archived.
Photoshop Creative - very similar to advanced PS, but deals more with photo effects and scrap booking type content. Still some cool things for image effects.
Photoshop Creative
Imagine FX
ImagineFX magazine | Creative Bloq - they deal with a large range of content including 2D and 3D applications

I may also once the dragon comes out possibly do a mini tutorial on how to paint realistic post work flames in PS if anyone would be interested, and how to blend 2d and 3d content seamlessly in images.
StarFire011.jpg
Star everything else Painted
Painted
Phoenix Close Up no watermark.jpg

Painted
Small.jpg

Small.jpg

Royloos outfit and Sidney 3d everything else is painted or brushes

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh now that last one will be interesting to see. I'm a fractal fanatic, and have used fractals I've created as terrains in Bryce. I've not tried using them as you did in this last render, however, so it should be interesting to see how you accomplished it.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Oh now that last one will be interesting to see. I'm a fractal fanatic, and have used fractals I've created as terrains in Bryce. I've not tried using them as you did in this last render, however, so it should be interesting to see how you accomplished it.
I love using fractals!! We need to get together and do a bush set if you can render them with a transparent background format? However Ron has some new overlays that are jaw dropping!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I love using fractals!! We need to get together and do a bush set if you can render them with a transparent background format? However Ron has some new overlays that are jaw dropping!!
Uh Oh, I'm helpless when it comes to passing up anything Ron creates. ~cringes~

Not sure about rendering with a transparent background. I'll have to check into that. Hmmmmm . . .