• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poses - utilities for cleaning up for selling/sharing

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
I have been playing with the Hive Wire Big Cat for a couple of weeks and have almost 20 unique poses created. I love posing animals and I think I'm pretty good at it but when I think about having to clean up the files (remove unwanted morph settings, etc.) in order to sell or share them, I cringe. My free time is limited so I am looking for a good utility to make the task quicker, easier and less hair tearing. I am currently using PoserPro 2014 on a Mac. Recommendations appreciated.

Also can DS still use Poser pose files or do they need to be converted? And is there a utility for that?

Hmm... also have almost 2 dozen poses for Harry, I've never done anything with...

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
DS can use them but unless you go into DS and load them, then save them the product would be listed as Poser only on a store page.
I have tested some poses from Poser in the past and most will work well. There are occasionally problems with hands and feet on people. I'm not sure how they would go on the Cat with people it's not an issue as I have a script that fixes it. I'm not sure if the script would work on the cat if there is a problem.

In regards to cleaning the files can Netherworks Toybox clean them?

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Well, running them through DS wouldn't be a huge chore. I don't think the toy box would do what I need. The way both Harry and the big cat are rigged to save the posing dial setups you have to save morph targets which means going in and removing the unwanted ones so they don't affect the figure - I can do it in a text editor but it is truly a PIA and very time consuming.

Hmmm... Looks like dial manager by Netherworks might do what I need...

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Here's a quick render of some of the poses.

HW-big-Cat-posing-test-render.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad you worked it out Daio...I was sure Netherworks would have something but I'm still learning what they all do. Poser is still largely a mystery to me at times.

Love the render...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow. Nice poses @Daio !

I hope you get the tools you need to make this quick and easy work because I'm sure people would love to be able to buy these. Of course we'd also love it if you sold them here. ;)

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Thank you!

If I can get my act together I will definitely submit them to the store here.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
ARRRGGGGGH! Well, that's not going to work after all. In Posewriteer, if I save things only with rotations and translations, I can't save expressions, the claws go wonky when extended and if you go from one of the poses that come with the Big Cat to one of mine it all goes wonky. If I save with morphs (using posewriter) then some of the settings get doubled and it will affect morphs I don't want it to. If I just save in Poser with only rotations and translations it doesn't save all of the pose information, if I save with morphs then it does but I will have to hand edit out all of the morphs (the ones that don't control expressions or movement) I don't want in there. Which is a lot of work when you've got 2 dozen+ poses (plus cub versions of those poses) to do. Not sure I am up to it. Sorry.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Are the paws going wonky in DS? Something that may be worth trying is the script to fix feet and hands. It may not work on animals but it would be worth a try...there is a link for it somewhere on the forum...not sure where as I'm just waking up!

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Haven't gotten as far as DS yet. This is all in poser. I'm going to give Netherworks dial manager a try see if that works.

Daio

Adventurous
Contributing Artist
Ok, Dialwriter seems to create poses that solve all of the problems except the fact that if you go from a Pose that came with the HW Big Cat to one of mine the pose goes wonky (but not visa versa which I think is because those poses have joint control morphs in them and mine don't. But if you zero the pose between them then they work fine. I hope this can be handled by putting a zero pose in the pose set and putting that limitation in the read me.