• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Tips & Tricks

I've uploaded SceneFixer to my website for you guys.
Snarly's Space: SceneFixer
NB: It is not designed for Poser 11. Some people say it works ok. I suspect they will change their minds at some point :)
Use it in Poser 8 to Poser 10.

This version hasn't been released before, so even if you already have SceneFixer you might want to get this one. It is version 1.10.2 and has a better choice of what scene objects are affected by the settings.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Lyne, you can control those shadows by using the properties settinga on the light. Poser's default shadow map settings give you that very dark, very sharp shadow because the default Shadow Min Bias setting is just too strong. Change it on the properties tab here. And, while you're there, change the blur radius as well...........
View attachment 5503

oh THANKS Traci!!!!! I really do love to learn.... I will definitely experiment!!

I'm sure glad I started this thread, because now it's here to refer to, and really learn from! It's these little details and using all of Poser's capabilities that make such a difference!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
NB: It is not designed for Poser 11. Some people say it works ok. I suspect they will change their minds at some point :)

This version hasn't been released before, so even if you already have SceneFixer you might want to get this one. It is version 1.10.2 and has a better choice of what scene objects are affected by the settings.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :D

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
It dawned on me to try an experiment with the 'smooth polygons' problem on LISA'S older plants... and YAY!!! Problem fixed!! I had been post-working these odd lines out of her flowers/leaves for some time...I mean, I never dreamed that smoothing polys would mess up a single sided mesh!? But thank goodness I have the fix!!

HibiscusSmoothPolys.jpg

@LisaB - isn't this great? - to have the problem solved?! I have no idea why poser 2014 does this to your polys... poser 9 (my last poser) never did!

Last edited:

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear

Thanks, Snarly!! I assume this is a python...I had never used it before but obviously I NEED IT NOW!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I'm not 100% sure how smoothing works in Poser Lyne but in DS since smoothing has been added you need to be careful about how you apply it. Some of the older models just fall apart when you use smoothing or have issues like you showed. This is because they were designed for a program that didn't have smoothing. In Blondie's tutorial on rigging she talks about modeling in such a way that it works better with less distortion(it's in the section where she talks about rigidity maps...just my thoughts someone who knows more might disagree.