• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser Content Directory Render Challenge

eclark1894

Visionary
Just completed my first Ever Render Challenge at the SM Forum. It was the Poser Sexiest Man Render Challenge. Congratulations to Kalypso who won the challenge.

So I decided to do another challenge. The rules will be found at the SM Forum in a few days under the Poser Content Directory Challenge Thread title.

There will be three winners named with Gift certificates in the amount of $25, $15, and $10.
The winning render will also be featured in the showcase window of the Poser Content Directory Homepage.

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Your first ever render challenge produced some nice entries, and yes, as soon as I saw Kalpyso's entry, I knew we had a winner.

eclark1894

Visionary
I just wish I hadn't named the contest something else. People have a one track mind when it comes to the word "sexy". To me being half naked isn't the same as being sexy. That's what I was trying to show with that window washer scene.

eclark1894

Visionary
Think I'll try this one myself.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Very true, and it's going to be interesting to see what folks come up with.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
hmmm I don't know how to use any of those things, inside or outside of the box :p Don't know if I'll have time to learn either :(

eclark1894

Visionary
hmmm I don't know how to use any of those things, inside or outside of the box :p Don't know if I'll have time to learn either :(
I was trying to get ambitious. Of course, the more objects you have in a scene, they all have to interact with each other. But you only have to use one feature at a time for the contest. Cloth Sim, Hair sim, Wind force or Bullet Physics.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well I've heard of Cloth and Hair sim but not the others (in relation to Poser).

Miss B

CV-BEE
I've not worked with Bullet Physics, but discovered Wind Force when I was beta testing Doug Hunter's Steampunk outfits earlier this year. You can find the option in the Object menu. Unfortunately, I only used it once after Doug pointed it out to me, so not sure the best way to use it, but it had the nice effect of having Dusk's Jacket flowing behind him as it would if he were walking/running into a strong wind.

CreateWindForce.jpg

eclark1894

Visionary
Wind Force has been in Poser for quite some time. I'm actually surprised that more people don't know about it. Bullet Physics has been around since version 8 or 9.

It's probably best used for animation, but you can use it in stills.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I never had version 8, but I do have version 9. I just hadn't gotten into Cloth simulation until a few years ago, so never tried it out. One of these days. ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I've only had poser for about a year, I only use it to test and promo's so haven't got into the nitty gritty (I'm pretty much a DS user)