• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 13 was released today!

unreal

Noteworthy
Not for my OS :p

If I had to guess as to the delay, I would put money on CyclesX factoring; being Blender code that uses Metal which is, itself, bleeding edge. Doesn't really matter to me that much as I'm more interested in D2 than in P13 :)

Not to say P13 won't be nice. Because it will be. Just saying that I'd rather have D2 and P12 than D1 and P13. D2 and P13 for the win, though. :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Some of the attractive sides of P13 is the sheer rendering SPEED we get from CyclesX, and the combined bug-fixing. If you are a content creator, P13 introduces new improved weight maps and morph projections - for the first time in Poser history. Even if you are not a content creator, this will benefit copying morphs from figure to clothing, with the cleanest results I have ever seen from Poser.

unreal

Noteworthy
Some of the attractive sides of P13 is the sheer rendering SPEED we get from CyclesX, and the combined bug-fixing. If you are a content creator, P13 introduces new improved weight maps and morph projections - for the first time in Poser history. Even if you are not a content creator, this will benefit copying morphs from figure to clothing, with the cleanest results I have ever seen from Poser.
I'm sold. Build it for my OS and I'll buy it :D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I'd be willing to test it for them :cool:

They have been working so hard on the Mac version that I couldn't get them to fix a Python bug that is keeping me from releasing my new script for 2 months now. They said they won't even look at it until the Mac version is out.