• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 13 is on the way

Hornet3d

Wise
So, Poser 13 should be with us in the first quarter of 2023 (with the usual cautions), and I have something to look forward to in the new year. Of course, that will depend very much on the upgrade price and the dollar/pound conversion rate but at least I can dream and start saving.

Some of the changes look interesting.
  • Support for a new figure type that maintains true unimesh geometry inside Poser to simplify content creation and cross-tool content development
  • Upgrading to latest Cycles render engine and Poser code changes to streamline future updates
  • Addition of light bloom and more PostFX using the bgfx library
  • App launcher feature to offer more useful scene selection on startup
  • New female figure based on the new unimesh figure type
  • Other smaller features and bug fixes

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Well, it has been updated in the last few years, but I guess they have decided they have to move on at some point.
I thought what they stated in the Survey sounded as they didn't give enough thought to what to call it. They supposedly thought about skipping 13 for those who are anxious about that number, but it didn't sound like they really cared. They could've just updated the numbering of the P12 series.

Well that's my humble opinion, FWIW.

eclark1894

Visionary
I thought what they stated in the Survey sounded as they didn't give enough thought to what to call it. They supposedly thought about skipping 13 for those who are anxious about that number, but it didn't sound like they really cared. They could've just updated the numbering of the P12 series.

Well that's my humble opinion, FWIW.
There was a survey?????:oops:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
It was an email sent, and that had a link to the Survey. The email came from the Poser Software site, where you would go to get the download of Poser and included files. If you don't usually get emails from them, you may not be on their mailing list.

Poser 13???? What happened to Poser 12???

Poser 12 is effectively "done" for photoreal now, though I was expecting more work on non-photoreal than just a slight tweak to the real-time Comic Book Preview rendering. There was a long review of P12 in Digital Art Live magazine No. 71 (September 2022), which will get you up to speed, and the same issue also had an article on the current state of Poser-to-Vue integration (working with Poser 12, with a small workaround).

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Yea, they didn't tie up allot of loose ends and bugs. The part they were not able to get to, because of the huge undertaking, was the Unimesh code and making sure things work well across the program with that new code. I guess they thought that deserved a new program number, thus Poser 13. I've run into a few bugs in Poser 12 that I HOPE might be fixed in one last update but probably not. My push for this was I stated that even though DS gets away with bugs like that is that the program is free. Poser is not free and paying customers should have a program as bug free as possible for their hard cold cash! Esp in today's world where money is harder to come by for allot of us.