• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Poser 11 Pro library thumbnail issue

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So for the recent Superfly webinar I went ahead and updated my Poser Pro 11 to SR5. All else seems fine but now my library thumbnails all just stay the small preview size/doesn't show the full size thumbnail when one clicks on say a MAT or a Character thumb etc. so it makes it darn hard to see what I am picking:) I did recently update my Flash player abut a week or two ago..... running on Mac El Capitan. Anyone else having this problem with SR5? (I have rebooted Poser... haven't rebooted my Mac- might try that...)

Thanks in advance!

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Well I'm on a Mac with 10.11.6 the latest El Capitan and don't have that issue. Now there was a recent Safari update that affected Flash in strange ways, but my Poser library doesn't seem to have been affected by this. Restarting the computer might be the thing to do.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Hmm I just checked and I do need to update my El Capitan OS- really haven't liked the way the EC OS does that with the App Store, instead of the old System Preferences way, so I tend to ignore it:) Will try that! It is pretty ludicrous trying to see those tiny little thumbs:)

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. It wasn't until SR 5 that PP11 finally retained the Tree thumbnail size. I just hate trying to see what the tiny little thumbs are.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Hmm I just checked and I do need to update my El Capitan OS- really haven't liked the way the EC OS does that with the App Store, instead of the old System Preferences way, so I tend to ignore it:) Will try that! It is pretty ludicrous trying to see those tiny little thumbs:)

Just be careful since they just released a whole new OS, Sierra which is 10.12. On my to do list is to test it with Poser on my mac I use the least. Probably it'll be fine, but I'm always a little warry about major upgrades when I'm in the middle of any major projects, especially if it's to the first version of something.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Yeah I just updated EC and restarted all and saw the Sierra. Will NOT be upgrading to that anytime soon. LOL I like the older OS's myself (have my "graphic design company" Mac running 1o.5 so I don't loose the use of thousands of dollars of fonts that won't work in the newer OS's, and my laptop is 10.7) and ONLY upgraded this Mac to EC so I could run P11. So the reboot wasn't the issue with the thumbs- LOL I haven't done any of the SR updates at all on P11 til SR 5 so I didn't know they had changed how viewing the library works. Messed with that new submenu under the library window and went oh duh. Got it now:) Thanks all! Knew if I posted something here at HW it would get it sorted out!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, those tiny thumbnails drove me crazy as well.

Glad you got it figured out. ;)