• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Please help a rubbish customer find the base human figures

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Hi all. I'm not much of one for human beings, digital or otherwise, but I can NEVER seem to find base characters!

In this instance I know beforehand that the HW base humans are called "Dawn" and "Dusk", but I don't know how someone new to the store would know that. But I can't find them in the store! Honestly! (I had the same problem at DAZ too be honest - addons I could easily find, but I can never find the bases).

Could someone please teach me to shop for base figures?

Cheers,

Cliff

Hornet3d

Wise
Well for here at Hivewire go to the shop and down the left hand side you will see link for Dusk starter bundles and if you continue to scroll down you will find a similar one for Dawn. The Dawn link will take to to Dawn Special Edition (SE) which is the latest base version of Dawn. In between there these is the list and a section called 'narrow by' if you tick either the Dawn or Dusk (or both) the shop will then filter those items in store made for the characters themselves.

For Daz you would need to be looking for Genesis for the base figure but I don't use the figure so I am not sure how you would go straight to the base. I tried searching on Genesis and I got all the suitable content but there must be a quicker way. I am sure someone here will be able to help.

eclark1894

Visionary
Well for here at Hivewire go to the shop and down the left hand side you will see link for Dusk starter bundles and if you continue to scroll down you will find a similar one for Dawn. The Dawn link will take to to Dawn Special Edition (SE) which is the latest base version of Dawn. In between there these is the list and a section called 'narrow by' if you tick either the Dawn or Dusk (or both) the shop will then filter those items in store made for the characters themselves.

For Daz you would need to be looking for Genesis for the base figure but I don't use the figure so I am not sure how you would go straight to the base. I tried searching on Genesis and I got all the suitable content but there must be a quicker way. I am sure someone here will be able to help.
I believe the Genesis basis figure is already in DS.

Hornet3d

Wise
OK an update and I hope someone will jump in and correct me if I am wrong. I think the reason you cannot find the base figures I believe is that the base figure is included with the free download of the Daz Studio software. If you want information on the base figures go to the Daz3d site and on the home page, I click the Daz3d icon in the top left hand corner if you are not sure you are on the home page, You will then see 'New to 3D?. Now click on the learn more and this will take you to the download screen, Below the download list is a section marked 'Daz Studio in action click 'read more about Daz Studio' that will take you another page and at the bottom there is a link to Genesis 8. Sound a bit long winded but it is really only a few clicks and the information is detailed and well presented.

Please bear in mind that I could be wrong on some of this for, as I have stated before I do not use Gemesis or Das Studio. The links do work because I have just tried them but as to what is included with Daz Studio it is just an educated guess. or maybe not that educated.

Hornet3d

Wise
I believe the Genesis basis figure is already in DS.

I think you are right at least that is what I have surmised from the Daz site. I have to say though I did struggle to find information and, to a degree I know what I was looking for so I can really understand Cliff Bowman's difficulty. The Daz site is very good and is really set up well for anyone new to 3D, but if you have a little knowledge, like I know that the base figure is called Genesis, it is a lot harder to navigate. Then again I guess any navigation is heavily affected by your starting point.

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Thanks Hornet and eclark.

I really have been a rubbish customer - at DAZ I struggled for generations to find the actual "base" figure (pretty sure I struggled to find V4 and M4 in part because I came looking for them late - it never seems OBVIOUS to me where the base figures are). In this case I think I was thrown by the "Special Edition" moniker and was looking for the "Standard Edition" ;)

The Genesis base figures do indeed come with DAZ Studio itself, so that's easy enough nowadays (and I've used Genesis 1-3 for a while now).

I've got Dawn from back in the dim and distant, she'll do for today's mucking about :D

Cheers,

Cliff

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hi Cliff,

We no longer offer Free versions of Dawn and Dusk. Both have been updated to Special Editions and are now 'for sale' items. Both are usually on sale for $22.46 each, however, there are certain times of year when we run specials where you can get them at an even deeper discount (with potential for more savings with Reward Points).

Enjoy creating!

eclark1894

Visionary
See, that helps to illustrate just how out of touch I am with HiveWire. At the moment. I'm catching up ;)

Cheers,

Cliff
You're not that much out of step. Dusk Special edition just recently came out, and it took me a while to get Dawn Special Edition. She's pretty much the only Dawn i render with, while I haven't upgraded to Dusk SE. Don't know if or when I will. I just recently caught the Dusk bug. I'm making some animations and hand poses for him now. And if you Check out my www.3Dcontentdirectory.com that's him kneeling in thought on the index page. I really like that hat. :)

Cliff Bowman

Adventurous
Excellent. Should mean I get into the swing of things even easier.

Thanks for the directory URL BTW - never did quite work out where it was until now!

Cheers,

Cliff