• Welcome to the new Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that for security purposes our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.
  • We are having some issues with our customized styles. The forum will be open with the default style until we can correct the issues. Thank you for your patience.
  • Welcome, Guest! The results are in for the "Spin to Win" Render Challenge! Come check out the final gallery!

Photoshop CS6 Vs Photoshop CC

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'd love the newer Photoshop but my monthly payments are stretched as far as they can go. :(

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
I think its only the extended versions that can do 3D, not the standard photoshop (my CS5 extended can do 3D stuff but its a pain).
Correct. For the stand alone PSC6 you have to fork out more money to get the 3D capabilities. For $10.00 a month you have all the Photoshop tools and updates are included in the sub!

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Me too FL, I can't afford the subscriptions so I'll be left behind for quite a long time me thinks!

JOdel

Extraordinary
HW Honey Bear
Also, since CS6 was the last version you could get on a perpetual license, it's probably no longer being updated. If you've got it, keep it. But eventually, your OS will no longer support it.