• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Pen's WIP's for Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Did some work on a possible fantasy face in Zbrush...this one is a 3delight render.

sorafae greenbase complete glossy layered weight point 50 posed fl1 3dlight.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I likey likey Pen!

Only thing I noticed was her nails, unless she's got pink polish one, they prob need to be tinted green slightly too? :)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...haven't done the nails yet...still working on the skin. I'm glad you like it! There's no bump or normal at the moment either but I finally got the base skin covering her completely and I've still got to blend a couple of areas a bit better on the arms and feet. I've been working on it in between setting up a blog.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
haha its sometimes the little things that get me (and other times I'm completely oblivious! :p)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I like it just like this, but I was thinking if you were to do another one with it much paler, almost a creamy or pinkish white above the cheek bone lines, still with the darker spots (or even pinkish spots) it would remind me of a lily :D

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Very cool...I intend to do some different colour bases. I was thinking of a purple one and haven't decided if there will be another colour yet.

Gadget Girl

Extraordinary
Contributing Artist
Both faces are lovely. I have to say though I especially love the second one. The vertical stripes on the lips somehow make it look like it's it all part of her regular fairy skin, like she is a flower while the first one looks more like she has makeup (not a bad thing, just an observation).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Both look very nice Pen. I'd be interested to see what the purple based texture looks like when you have it done.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks Miss B and Gadget Girl,

I like the second one for that reason also GG. I'm starting to feel like I'm getting a handle on doing the faces in zbrush.

@Miss B, I haven't started the purple texture yet but I have a concept in my head off what it should look like.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
My vote is for the 2nd one too, but I like the lip texture on the first!! My Favorite though is the one with the wings!! Love that image!

If you want some photos of leaves or flowers that are pre-cut in PS, I have some that I have been using for the Mada outfits and possibly saving for a fall texture set at some point. I am more than willing to share with you as an MR if you are interested.

I really like what you have done!!!
kjhkjhk4df copy.jpg

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the offer NA...I do have some images of flowers and leaves that I can use that I've taken myself. However I wasn't thinking of using flowers on these characters at the moment.

I was thinking of including a few different face textures so at the moment I'm thinking of including both and maybe adding some more. i do like the second better as i think it looks more natural and less like makeup

Last edited:

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Thanks for the offer NA...I do have some images of flowers and leaves that I can use that I've taken myself. However I wasn't thinking of using flowers on these characters at the moment.

I was thinking of including a few different face textures so at the moment I'm thinking of including both and maybe adding some more. i do like the second better as i think it looks more natural and lead like makeup

Ah ... I see what you are doing now! :) I only offered as they are already cut out and would save some time. The more the merrier in my opinion.;)

Looks fantastic!! I want to see more!! There is that deer hood that Chris modeled something like this would look awesome with that kind of a huntress character! They sort of remind me of Wold tattoos from the move Arthur.

Last edited:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
She looks great! I do appreciate the offer NA...

Hmm, deer's headress...I hadn't thought about that.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Yes, this was posted in the Anime thread, but you can for sure go fairy with your textures.

I was just thinking you could use those textures with this too, but not sure when it will be out. She will of course need a different outfit than the leotard and boots to pull this character off.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
So reports are finally done and I have some more time to work on some of my projects. I decided to focus on Deidre as she is closest to being finished. I have the mats set up for 3Delight just need to do the Iray ones to have the ds version set up. Still need to do icons though. Here's a quick render that I'm still working on with Deidre on Diva.
Deidre for Dawn promo.jpg